Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 80-84 block in my nova. I recently pulled the engine to do some performance upgrades. I bought a new oil pan since my old one was bent in a little. The new oil pan requires a thin front pan gasket. I can only find the thick ones and the parts store guys are no help. Anybody got a part number? I would prefer 1 piece rubber, but right now in not to picky, just want to get the motor in.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I got a Fel-Pro 1-piece from O'Reilly for about $25 a few months ago. Here's a part number: Part # : OS34510T. I know that Fel-Pro makes one with a thick and one with a thin front seal. I'm not sure which this one is, but O'Reilly had both in stock when I got mine.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The '57-'74 Blocks used a oil pan and timing cover combination that require a thin front pan seal, and the dip stick is on the left side of the block.

The '79-up have a combination for the 'thick' design, and the dip stick is on the right side of the block.

So, if the pan you purchased is for the early series of engines, then you will need to return it and get a pan for the thick front seal. Then you can use the Fel Pro Performance #1881 moulded rubber oil pan gasket.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i got the right pan for the engine. I bought a gasket set that came with both once. but never checked the part number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts