Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an awesome buy on a motor with a zz4 block, so I bought it, now the Plan was to swap the pan and sump with the old small block that I had for it, however the guy that built the motor said the parts will not swap because the zz4 block is different, so has anyone modded a stock front end the fit a rear sump pan, or do I have an engine that won't fit?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
What you need to get is a kevko nova rear sump pan or i believe chevyIIonly has a front sump pan you can get, ive got a zz4 in mine and i had to get a oilpan from kevko for it to clear my steering, fit great and seals nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info, I didn't know they made a rear sump pan with a notch cut into it, that will work fine, thanks again

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, we ordered it today, kinda pricey, but u gotta do what u gotta do. As far as ride height, it shouldnt set low enough to be an issue, dont plan on lowering it, but plans do change.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My car has a 2 inch drop with no issues with ground clearance, the sump is short but wide

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Chevy II Only now sells a front sump pan that uses a standard oil pump, and drive shaft. I would say the best option for ground clearance. I have a front sump pan on my one piece rear main seal block and it works great.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts