Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I remove the bolts, put some sealer on them and put back? Seems to be leaking very slowly over time. This is only occuring on the center bolts of both sides, the front/rear are not leaking. This is a factory cast 2bbl manifold. Or maybe don't even worry about it :confused:.

Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Closer inspection, looks like the leak was originating from the 2GV carb base gasket, running down the side of the manifold below the carb and settling where the bolts are. As I'm rebuilding the carb and replacing the base gasket, this should be resolved. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Hey surfdog, I like the looks of that '64 wagon in your avatar!
Maybe I'm just partial.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey surfdog, I like the looks of that '64 wagon in your avatar!
Maybe I'm just partial.
Thanks Dan, it's a looker from 20'. But hey, it's got character. Most of it's duty is making the 2 mile trip to the beach :D. Just finished a front end rebuild with disc brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pulled the manifold bolts out one at a time. Coated with oil :eek:. Cleaned up the bolts and the threads (as best as I could) and reassembled. Should be good to go. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Should I remove the bolts, put some sealer on them and put back? Seems to be leaking very slowly over time. This is only occuring on the center bolts of both sides, the front/rear are not leaking. This is a factory cast 2bbl manifold. Or maybe don't even worry about it :confused:.

Thanks! :D
ive been having that same problem with the center bolts on my intake i used teflon tap on them and hasn't leaked sense.... go a couple rounds on each bolt and you should be good to go:yes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts