Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
i run a WIX filter on my 327. also i change the oil every spring an that is with only 1600-1750 miles per year. you going to get a dozen different answers on that question. some filters are just plain junk. there was a you tube vid showing a guy cutting apart 6-7 filters an some were junk.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,984 Posts
I use NAPA Gold. I think they are about the same as the WIX that Red Rider suggested.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I now use WIX for my '71 w 250 CID 6. The junk ones mentioned by Red Rider are usually Fram. Stay away from Fram. Even the Walmart store brand filters are far superior to Fram.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,467 Posts
Napa Gold... or WIX brand oil filters get my vote.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,984 Posts
This guy does a good job or breaking down the different oil filters. This will give you a good perspective on which filter to use. Personally I now use Wix.
I always have used NAPA gold on my Nova but used Fram filters on all my daily drivers until I saw that video. I was at NAPA the other day and they were having a half off filter sale. I bought one for all my cars.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Wix filter, there are a plenty of you tube videos taking the different brands apart and comparing them, informational and entertaining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts