Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '65 block 327 does not accept the called for ac/delco oil filter pn PF454....the engine threaded nipple fitting is smaller than the oil filters thread. any idea? i can't seem to find one that fits it properly

oh, i have the updated suspension, so i dn't need clearance for that i don't think.

also, since i have the edelbrock fill tube and braether assembly on my performer rpm intake, how do i do away with the canister on the underside of the intake? what do i use to block off the hole where the breather would go, on the back of the block? freeze plug? plumbers plug? tape? lol..j/k with that.

thanks...joey

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
I think that would have used the old canister style filter in 1965. Have you looked at the adapter that lets you use a newer style Ford PH1 fram style filter?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
You can use a freeze plug to block off the old crankcase vent on the back of the block. If the block is a 65 it should use the spin on filter. Could it be an older 327 block, 62 or 63 maybe that used the canister filter? Is the filter recessed in the block like the Chevy 2 block or is it from a full size car?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
if the block was original canister and has the oil filter conversion adapter it will use a Ford filter.
Motorcraft FL1A
A/C Delco PF1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i believe when i checked the numbers it read as a truck motor '65. i don't think it's a recessed spin on filter housing cuz it's pretty close to flush with the block.

it is a '65 block, has a spin on fitting, and i don't know what a canister filter is or looks like! lol...

i'll take these back and try the other filters mentioned here.
my oil pan is a 4 qt. is that sufficient? i thought i read someone using a bigger filter to get a qt. or 2 more capacity. that'd be nice, if it would benefit the motor.

thanks for ya'lls help. joey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts