Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
I have been using NAPA gold for many years.

Glad to see some proof that my selection is validated.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,761 Posts
I have been using NAPA gold for many years.

Glad to see some proof that my selection is validated.

Way back in 1997 -- when Diana & I were into riding our Motorcycles, I found a "oil filter TEST" …. checking several of the (same) name brands for the motorcycle field. A lot of guys (and myself) were using those 'Red Fram Filters" , and VERY Similar results.
That's when I changed over to using the "NAPA Gold Filters" on all my engines --

WATCH THE TAPE -- and -- you can see for yourself ! ! ! (post # 1).

and, Thanks for posting …… jim

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
It's really sad because Fram used to be a really good filter.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I remember looking at the website for a crate engine builder a few years ago that specified that their warranty would not be valid if the customer used a Fram oil filter. That made me start looking into why, and I found similar filter comparisons that shed some light on the subject.

Like many others here, I used to use Fram oil filters. I've been using NAPA Gold or the Wix equivalent since seeing those comparisons. It's amazing how a good advertising campaign can make us believe that we're using a good product that's actually junk.

Gerry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Like other folks here, I used FRAM filters for years not knowing how terrible they were. Once I watched several of these youtube "cut'em open" video comparisons, I quit FRAM for good. I switched to Wix.

I was fooled for many years by FRAM's advertising. Remember the old "pay me now or pay me later" commercials?

FRAM is junk. Stay far away from FRAM!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts