Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into adding an oil cooler to my 67 and have a few questions from those that have done it.What size lines need to be used?I would assume you would not want the cooler or lines to be a restriction,-10? -12? Does the length/size of the lines have any effect on Oil pressure? I will have to relocate the oil filter to do this and already have a Moroso oil filter block off plate with large pipe thread holes for fittings and a System One remote oil filter mount I was going to use years ago.I am looking at a cooler with a fan and a thermo switch to turn the fans on at 200 degrees F.SO far I have not worked out the details of mounting location but the very front of the car is not an option.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I see you've had no replys, so what did you finally do? I saw in one of the other threads that you we having cooling issues also. Well I am in the same boat. I do have a trans cooler but it is in front of the radiator and need to move it. As of yet I could place it under the passenger or drivers side, but without a fan. Fans stick way down. ?? Did you put vents in your radiator shroud? :turn:

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Roger, how is it going? I have not done anything yet been busy doing other things.I plan to vent the shroud soon and this winter add an oil cooler.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
the block off plate is threaded with 1/2"npt... so you will need a true 1/2" ID line....

I did this years ago.... I had High pressure rubber line made to relocate my filter and cooler.... at a Co. called WilCo in houston.. WilCO specialized in high pressure high temp rubber reinforced lines for the oil and trucking industry... I told them my temp range, pressure range, and id/ length and fitting size.... in 1 hour I had all my lines and was back home plumbing that day:D...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts