Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
That's kind of funny it's got a 6 cyl emblem on one fender, and cross flags on the other.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Wait...He spends $14000 on body work....lets it sit for years..pulls it out 3 weeks ago and puts it up for sale for $3000 under what the body work cost?

Something wrong here?? What did I miss?:confused:

·
13,723 Posts
Really nice. I'm sure you could hunt down peak trim, but what do you do with the holes in the front fenders for the signal light trim extensions?
This car has all the signs of a very misguided and poorly planned restoration. Why would you install a whole new interior and not replace the faded carpet? Similarly, drill the holes for the peak trim on the passenger side before you paint the car? The front fenders are obviously 62-64...one from a V/8, the other from a six. Did he not realize there's no parking light extension trim on 65s....until after he painted and installed the fenders? Sheesh!!

Bob

·
13,723 Posts
Where is the factory SS rocker trim? No holes for that either!
Actually, the '65 SS trim was above the rocker on the body line that included the lower part of the door. There was another piece behind the rear wheel opening. You're right that all these holes were filled, probably because this trim was long gone and costs a fortune if you can find replacement pieces. Too bad the parking light extension holes weren't filled at the same time.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
the rear cove trim is actually , self adhesive chrome plastic trim :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,637 Posts
That reminds me, I need to remind my body-guy to weld up the holes on the fenders for my 65 and put new ones in the right spot for the 65 trim.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
HE WANT'S TOO MUCH FOR A MISGUIDED CAR, I'D RATHER START FROM WHERE IT'S AT, THAN FROM A RUSTBUCKET! :yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts