Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of making a crossmember to get the TKO in the Nova I have discovered that the engine and transmission are offset to the passenger side of the frame by nearly an inch. The stock transmission crossmember was the most obvious clue. I then checked the front crossmember to see if the engine mounts were also offset and found that the front crossmember is. It wasn't that noticeable in the car because the steering shaft hides the extra space on the drivers side. Below are some photos showing the differences from side to side and the transmission crossmember.
Drivers side

Passenger side

Trans crossmember
(which is upside down)

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
with the engine bolted directly to the frame, i'd have thought there was no offest... interesting find Phillip...

the other generations that use frame brackets, the brackets are offset... you've shown it's all done with the frame itself on the 4th genners... excellent find Sherlock !!! :cool: :D :D :D

Dr Wat-soon :D

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the other generations that use frame brackets, the brackets are offset
interesting, I like learning new things.

I guess the 4th gen is like the last child. Once that last one is born you have a better idea of what works and what doesn't :D

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
the 4th kid learning from it's big brothers... ya gotta take the best from each and "become" ;)

i've always liked 4th genners ;) i like 'em all :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts