Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Official Nor Cal Nova Summer Family Picnic

July 19, 2009 will be the first annual Nor Cal Nova Summer Family Picnic.:clap::clap::clap::clap: I have reserved the Valley View Park picnic area in San Ramon for this event. We have a covered picnic area with 2 BBQ pits there is a large grass area, kids play structures, baseball, volley ball, tennis, bathrooms and plenty of parking for our cars:ragtop:. More information to follow.
Here some pictures of the park and picnic area.

Picnic area

Kids play structures

Mark this on your calendar and lets get everyone out to have a great time. We seem to do a lot of things with just the guys it's about time we include our families in this.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Very Nice looking area for a get together.I hope we can make it . Do we have our own parking in the lot where you truck is or is it open to everbody? Do we have to get there @ 4:30 AM to get this spot or is it reserved??

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Great idea, Duane!:yes::yes::yes: Now its on the calendar. Be sure to let us know how much you paid to reserve it.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
REAL nice place!!! Maybe I can even get some of MY family to come!:yes::yes: If it was the next weekend I might even get a couple of friends from Ireland to come. Now THAT would be an All American experience for them!:D Not that I'm complaining, Duane...don't change a thing!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very Nice looking area for a get together.I hope we can make it . Do we have our own parking in the lot where you truck is or is it open to everbody? Do we have to get there @ 4:30 AM to get this spot or is it reserved??
This spot is reserved for us all day on the 19th. We can possibly rope off one side for our cars but we need do need to share the lot. They wouldn't allow us to take the whole lot. I did check and so far we have no other events going on in the park like soccer, little league etc. etc.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are we doing for food? are there BBQ's at the site or should we truck some down.
There are 2 BBQ right next to the picnic area. This will be pot luck where everyone brings something. I will put out a list of suggestions of things people can sign up for in the next couple of days.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
:jumping: :clap: COOL!!! I FINALLY have weekends off in July, so put my family down on the list, and let me know what we could bring!
:notworthy: thanks Duane! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
1st ANNUAL NOR CAL NOVA FAMILY PICNICHere is a list of suggestion to bring for the picnic. Pick something from the list that you would like to bring and let me know so I can attach your name to it. If you have any other suggestions let me know and I can add them to the list.
For those of you not aware of the upcoming picnic on July 19th take a look at the first posting in this thread and it will give you further information and pictures of the park.. Lets make this a great event.

Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Polish sausage
Bratwurst
Chicken
Dead Meat.............VooDooII
Carne Asada
Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad
Baked or BBQ beans
Cheese
Mustard, Ketchup, Mayonnaise.......1slonova
Fruit salad
Hamburger buns
Hot Dog buns
spinach n' artichoke dip........Irie
Chips and Dip
Desserts
Watermelon and/or Cantaloupe
Condiment plate

Paper Plates
Napkins
Plastic utensils
Plastic trash bags
Charcoal
BBQ tools
Aluminum foil

Soft Drinks
Bottle water
Beer
Wine
Ice & Ice chests
Cups
EZ ups & chairs...........1slonova
Volley Ball
Baseball
Badminton
Croquet set

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
1st ANNUAL NOR CAL NOVA FAMILY PICNICHere is a list of suggestion to bring for the picnic. Pick something from the list that you would like to bring and let me know so I can attach your name to it. If you have any other suggestions let me know and I can add them to the list.
For those of you not aware of the upcoming picnic on July 19th take a look at the first posting in this thread and it will give you further information and pictures of the park.. Lets make this a great event.

Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Polish sausage
Bratwurst
Chicken
Carne Asada
Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad
Baked or BBQ beans
Cheese
Mustard, Ketchup, Mayonnaise.......1slonova
Fruit salad
Hamburger buns
Hot Dog buns
Chips and Dip
Desserts
Watermelon and/or Cantaloupe
Condiment plate

Paper Plates
Napkins
Plastic utensils
Plastic trash bags
Charcoal
BBQ tools
Aluminum foil

Soft Drinks
Bottle water
Beer
Wine
Ice & Ice chests
Cups
EZ ups & chairs...........1slonova
Volley Ball
Baseball
Badminton
Croquet set
I will bring something from my smoker, it will be some kind of dead meat:yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
1st ANNUAL NOR CAL NOVA FAMILY PICNICHamburgers
Hot Dogs
Polish sausage
Bratwurst
Chicken
Carne Asada
Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad
Baked or BBQ beans