Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey NorCal.

So what started out as an idea, seems to have a lot of interest from others. Let's get this going!!!

Target Date: Saturday, June 13
Start time: 7am (open to suggestions)
Route: Open to suggestions. Either up the 17, or through the 92 to HMB - then down the 1 to Santa Cruz, or...???

Chime in guys. I want some ideas.

Also, please PM me if you're in so I can confirm a count on who's going!!!

So far:
IRIE
f16fxr4real
63novassrt
jmdc
lugnut
1badnov?
1slonov

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i'm a maybe due to work.... & if i go i may have to hop in with one of u guys....

JOHN

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
sounds great! I hope I have all the bugs worked out of the wagon by then:yes: plus, I need to try and get that day off of work:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds great! I hope I have all the bugs worked out of the wagon by then:yes: plus, I need to try and get that day off of work:yes:
Which HD dealership do you work at? I'll call right now to tell'em you're taking that day of whether they like it or not! hahahaha

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Is there a tenative meet up/cruise time? I'm planning a camping trip to yosemite that weekend, but if everyone cruises out early I can join in....either route, 17 or the coast....

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I just did a mileage and time check through Google Maps.

From Campbell to Half Moon Bay, 39 miles, 45 minutes.

From Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz, 49 miles 1 hour 20 minutes.

Sounds like fun. Maybe we should check into what sites are along Highway 1.

This way we can stop for photo shoots along the way.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like fun. Maybe we should check into what sites are along Highway 1.

This way we can stop for photo shoots along the way.

Bryan
:D Confirmed! We're driving from HMB to Santa Cruz!!!
Fun? Oh h:devil:ll yah!!!

... don't worry, my camera is ready!:yes:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Not to put a damper on the cruise, but SCHOOL will be out and all those behemoth campers and motor homes will be on the road! Not to worry, there are passing zones.
All I'm saying, Google estimated times, are OUT the window!:( There are great photo ops between HMB and SCZ,
you could stop at Ano Nuevo and see the Sea Lions, Pescadero State Beach is a good photo site, The wharf in SCZ is also great(Food), the Esplinade in Capitola is a thought. Wilder Ranch, on Highway 1 on the left, just before entering SCZ is picturesque. There's always the steam train, at Roaring Camp in Felton(take either Highway 9 or Graham Hill Rd to Felton) Henry Cowell Redwood State Park is next door.
Going to a big car show in Woodland(Street Cruisers) on Sunday:yes:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
so whats up? are we going to do this?? we need a spot to meet at in Half moon Bay. some where right off Hwy 1. meet at 8am leave at 8:30? or at 7? Lets do it!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Same here or maybe i'll have a new job by then...;)
WHAT!!! no more PETS UNLIMITED, u know if they're hiring for RVT position...???

wish i could go, DAM work again.... u guys should meet @ the air strip, where they DREAM MACHINES.... have fun & be safe!!!

JOHN

·
Registered
386 Posts
Is anyone going from south of Santa Cruz? I am getting the mufflers on this saturday and spend the rest of the weekend trying to get her road ready.We are planning on being there with or without Nova wheels under us.So, what time and where is the meeting spot in SC?

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IT'S ON FOR JUNE 13 GUYS!!!

Mike - 6am or 7am sounds good (the earlier the better). I think it would be good to meet and gas-up somewhere in San Mateo --- then drive through the 92, then down the 1.

...I'm open to suggestions though.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts