Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
used an epoxy paint of sum sort that the powder coater gave me. It matches the powder coating semi gloss he did very well. Same stuff he used to paint the parts I couldn't powder coat. cheap spray gun n compressor did the trick just fine.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Time to finaly start the fun stuff. TCI PT front clip assembly. Spent my bday weekend gettn this done. So excited to have made it this far already. I'm no ace mechanic, but for the most part, this went together rather easy and straight forward. Only problem I had was all the hardware was in the bags mislabeled. We figured it out tho:)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Now for the absolute toughest part of the install. The dreaded lower control arms. Uppers were easy, but as many others can probably agree, there is no way these lowers went on with bushings and washers even the day they left the TCI shop. Get ready for some head scratching. I jus manned up n did alil grinding.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Power steering rack and sway bar are installed and pretty much finishes up the clip and its mechanical. I'm so happy its almost a roller again.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Cleaned up the shop and walked out with a strange sense of pride and accomplishment. I can only imagine what its like when the lsx fires up for the first time.
This is how she sits for a bit. Waiting on my wheels and tires next.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Next up I'm going to mount the booster and master cylinder, sheetmetal, radiator, and than gut the interior and repaint the dash. Than I ll install my new Dakota digital black Friday special gauges. just for mock up

I ve been noticing a lot of other build threads going in other forum sections. If this one belongs there rather than the lsx section, than moderators please move it and delete this post. This thread will more than likely carry on with a full custom backhalf and twin turbos eventually. So the LS swap is a small part of that. Lemme know guys if it should stay here or get moved. It wont bother me either way.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
nice to have a couch in the garage and hope that you have a beer fridge nearby also :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
rims are in!!!!
American Racing VF485
18x9,18x12
gunna be running 245/40/18 up front, 335/30/18 out back
couple of teaser pics. My build has slowed because our master bathroom remodel has just become center stage. Its long over due and time. Trying to get a lot of lil projects and goals done before the baby comes in april. Sadly to say the car isn't one of them. I ll just be happy if its in the chassis/fab shop by april:devil: anyways, enjoy a few simple pics...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Made a little more progress today. Installed my LSX Entropy radiator into my aluminum core support. Felt wrong drilling it,lol. Also mounted my coolant reservoir tank. Which I ll note seems to be the absolute only thing I ve kept and re used after the firewall sofar. I'm thinking the grill and fenders maybe the only other items

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I love those entropy radiators....they look awesome and keep both my Ls engines nice and cool...great job!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I love those entropy radiators....they look awesome and keep both my Ls engines nice and cool...great job!!
Thank you. little bit each day. I actually was just reading thru one of your build threads to see if I can see which ports are for what on the entropy radiator, I think i figured it out. But like everything else so far, this is a learning process bcuz until today, I barely under stood how a coolant system really worked. Kinda the fun part about building this car up from scratch so to speak. Trying research this whole steam vent thing and see what the bigger hole on the entropy rad is for?

·
Registered
221 Posts
looks great! What did you settle on for the rear end?

What brake pads did you end up selecting with the willwoods? As you know they have a wide range for applications. Are you going with power or staying with manual brakes?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
looks great! What did you settle on for the rear end?

What brake pads did you end up selecting with the willwoods? As you know they have a wide range for applications. Are you going with power or staying with manual brakes?
I havnt chosen a rearend yet. But its defly going to be a ford 9". Id like one of the nodular fab 9 style housings with at least 31 spline axles, large bearing, tru trac diff, narrowed(based on chassis shops measurements) and probably a 12" maybe even 13" 4piston wilwood set up.
To be honest, i dont know what pads im running upfront. I spent alotta time talking with [email protected] about my plans and goals. Not sure what came with my 14"/6piston set up upfront. I ll learn about all that vocabulary once the car is driving n rolling again. I know very little about brakes per say. But yes, this is going to be a power brake set up. 7" Dual diaghpram w/ wilwood master cylinder n proportioning valve kit. Same set up Batman used on his latest wagon build. I cross referenced it with a Wilwood tech, n he thought it to also be a stout set up thus far.
I really gotta get the GTO donor car in the shop n start strippn it. Once the interior is out, i gotta start gettn the power train ready n solve all these t56/hydraulic clutch problems im facing. Than its off to the fab guy for a siht ton of work.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Made some incrementle progress...got the master cylinder and booster mounted up. I ordered my SS brakelines and a good bender. Id like to get the front lines routed and installed next. I ended up ordering pre flared SS lines from jegs. Funny thing is both measurements I mocked up/took, I was able to find in exact length(20",51"). That's odd and to good to be true I'm betting. I did allow alil extra too. I'm hopn I can make em work in reality. I decided I'm using both ports for the front brakes vs. plugging one port and teeing the 2 lines together. I welcome all constructive criticisms. I'm very knew to this and learning, its been fun as I go. Id really like to thank BATMAN as he helped me thru some pm's. I'm betting he was laughing at the questions I asked,lol...

41 - 60 of 389 Posts