Chevy Nova Forum banner

361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Thank you. Couple wks hopefully. We are very close. Workn on it all day 2day to reroute furl lines, trans cooler lines, oil cooler, etc. We are down to a checklist the size of my forearm. Still waiting inner fender psnels n core support to come back from powder coating.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
After waiting awhile for some pcs to be powder coated, final assembly has begun!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Hey, whats up bud? So we pretty much reassembled as much as we can these last 2wks. I ve been busy with work n fighting being SICK last wk. Going down this wknd to button up last few things so to speak. Its time to prime the top end and drop the intake on it for good. We ran into a snag with the IDIDIT steering column, its not clearing the OER dash bezel. We are in contact with [email protected] and IDIDIT. May have to send it out to get lengthened. For anyone who does not already know, [email protected] is 2nd to NONE at customer service! If every business was ran the way he runs his, the world would be a better place. He wastes no time in makn/returning calls on our behalf and is actively working on a solution. I bought this column over 4yrs ago, n he s willing to help as if we orderd it yesterday!
Other than that, hope to be firing it up very very soon. I ll update thread with more final assembly pics here this weekend.
Big shout out and thanks again to Tim [email protected] He s a first class human,...and has a customer for life from me. Always answers his phone and is extremely helpful before, during, and after any sales....even longggg after.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
We made some really good progress these last 2days. We are just about all buttoned up. Motor primed good and ready, brakes are bled, Got a couple hours left and a few loose ends, literally, than it ll be all laptop work from there on. Im so excited with how this has come out! M

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Looks great. Thanks for your help Exlimey. This new format is very hard to navigate. I was in touch with one mod, XINLOI44, and I believe thats when it all went crazy. He doesnt interact with the conversation, so I'd all but given up on it...like the great photobucket crash!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
So, we still couldn't start the car today. Having trouble with the Holley efi and the tps autoset. Meanwhile, we tied up some wiring and other lose ends. Swapped these carbon fiber intake tubes in to match the manifold. Looks pretty good we thought. Still gotta paint steering column and re install. Than set ride height on the car now that exhaust is DONE!

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Man that thing is looking bad azz. When you get it up and running you are definitely going to have to post up some videos.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
You already know I will...man, we are gettn so close. Waitn on a new dbw pedal. I think this one is bad. Meanwhile, playin with ride height and some 12" 150lb. springs for the rear coil over set up. Than its off for an alignment today as per [email protected] specs!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
On its way for an alignment, than back home for more electrical trouble shooting. Looking for a fire up here soon before yet another nice cruising season passes me by.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
ITS ALIVE!!!
Full disclosure, I cant post a video here yet, the lame one I have on me phone wont even send to my friends properly. Galaxy S6 ancient technology?!?! So Id like to really thank Aaron from a forum. A guy I never met or even spoke to on the phone before today took time away from his family and life on a Sunday to reach out to me and literally baby stepped our way to a decent idling car. The first fire up was pretty cool, but idled like a run away diesel. I barely knew how to load and sync a tune. Alil back n forth with Aaron and we're idling much better and stable. Car has a few issues I ll look into tomorrow and than some. Couple leaks(trans fluid from top of drain pan where Lokar dipstick is, 1 AN union on my oil cooler line, and 1 fuel fitting). There just so much info to take in and process, but that is the game and I look forward to getting it tuned. It seems most NJ shops are very busy right now and not accepting new customers. I ll keep reaching out til we get a tuner who is interested. Meanwhile, I ll get it refined as much as I can and tie up loose ends. Car has not started in over 4yrs, tomorrow, I ll try n get some better vids with my wifees phone. Wife also jumped in to help today, she s good at figuring out computer stuff. No lie, she taught me how to datalog and email them from just a quick video Aaron sent us, lol. What a great day! Videos to come...

THANKS AGAIN Aaron- 98 WS6 M6

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Two rear ends in one video! 😝
Engine sounds great! Looking forward to future posts!

361 - 380 of 383 Posts