Chevy Nova Forum banner

341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #342 (Edited)
Ok, so started back in on the induction of the nova. Had to fab up a few brackets for the FPR and also the KUP steam vent kit. All while awaiting my Vintage Air Surefit kit(Thanx to [email protected]em, best prices and fastest shipping).
Kinda the same Ol'pics, but im just being thorough in documenting my build. I orderd up some Fragola AN fittings, hose, and aluminum tubing. I wanna hard pipe the steam vent kit and catch can set up. Gunna be using my tubing bender and flaring tool and see how it goes. Until than, I went ahead n mocked everything up just to make sure al hardware was here and accounted for. I gotta be honest, theres more room than it looks for wiring, etc.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #343 (Edited)
Hopefully I ll get everything I can buttoned up by this next weekend. Than I can bring it to my buds house to start on exhaust and wiring up the whole car!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #344 (Edited)
Had a pretty productive day and buttond up a couple loose ends before it ships back to my buddys house to be wired n fired this fall. He s also gunna build an exhaust for it too.
I realize the plug wires are tight, just thru em on cuz I had em laying around. Also real happy with the coil pack set up. the one bracket needs alil modifying to clear the master cylinder. Than I can order up a custom set of Firecores. The extra space these cylinder heads occupy screwed me in a few spots already...but that's hotrodding for ya.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That dual intake looks really cool in there. You definitely don't see those everyday. It kinda looks like a robot from the movie WALL*E is sitting in there (in a good way). Everything looks so clean and crisp. I bet you cant wait to hear that thing fire up.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
[email protected] E, good catch! Yes, im still a little bummed im not going for that 1k hp turbo set up. But each day that passes i get alil more excited with my new build. I feel its gunna be a good choice in this car. I think of the simplicity and reliability of it now. Even looks like it belongs in there. The intake is defly rare. I wanted something different to look at. My engine builder has used one b4 and says im in for a surprise! Time will tell

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Well, a pretty good update, all tho not very pic friendly. The Vintage air system is in! And the wiring is well under way. The AAW update kit and Holley Dominator system. Its a very familiar scene for most id bet, but this phase of the build SUX! Its ugly and boring. But I m happy Mike is chuggn along and in good spirits thus far. No major issues. He s a better man than me, bcuz I literally would rather be installing a HVAC system from scratch in a hot azz attic mid summer than doing this leg of the build. Not much to see but here are some pics anyways...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #348 (Edited)
Meanwhile, I ve been focusing on wrapping up the Master bath shower install. The wife and I couldn't decide what colors and tile schemes to go with...So when in doubt, the classic Black n White theme still works. With alil modern style of course...For your viewing pleasures,...lemme know how you guys feel about it. It mite not be for everyone, but it was a lot of work none the less. Vanities are next. Cant wait for the bathroom to be done so I can jump in garage while Nova is gone and get shyt done there too. Starting with hangin up my big azz AMERICAN FLAG no garage should be without. And of course my garage door openers, some cabinets, and hopefully a lift by the time the nova is running.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
Thanx guys,...Chad it was good talkn with ya yesterday...i have some decent update pics coming this weekend...gettn really excited here guys...4yrs later n im bout to have a running n driving bad ass street car!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Wiring is done! Holley Dominator/LSX and full Autowire update kit. We are there, the end.
Started kickn back some ideas on the CAI intake set up. Aiming for simplicity and serviceability.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
So That's the general layout. Which we are quite pleased with. Still a little tweaking to angle the filters away from tires some more. Also gotta order up some silicone hump couplings and clamps.

Here comes the dilemma. Looking at this very next pic. You ll notice that in order to use this crossram intake, 1 TB has to be flipped as it looks nicer. Problem is we didn't know the gm LS2 TBs are actually tapered. Rendering the intake tubes Nonsymmetrical. Its hardly noticeable while standing in front of it or looking down. I still feel the TBs oriented like this look the best. But we flipped one of em for fun, and of course the CAIs even out and look right. but the TBs look kinda weird to me and may even interfere with additional hood trimming,...that's already gunna be nonsymmetrical. What do you guys think? Its 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Happy holidays to all! We have started on the exhaust. Well on its way, I can see the finish line. Im super excited that we ll be firing this beast up in the near future. Its looking like I ll have to reroute fuel lines to get dual 3" tail pipes up n over the axle. It is TIGHT under the car. Very few options. So we are going with an Hpipe set up as we couldn't get an Xpipe to work. Gunna be running a set of Borla XS Pro mufflers. Guy on ls1tech recommended them after trying a few different set of mufflers on his ls7 Chevelle build.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Exhaust is pretty much done. Gotta tweak 1 tailpipe alil bit, install couple more hangers, and than weld up all the seams. Check that box!

341 - 360 of 383 Posts