Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please Read This Entire First Post To Ensure You Don't Miss Anything!

Please Read:

I wanted to get the ball rolling early, to try and get as many as possible to come this year. Please copy the list of names, and add your self to it then post it in the thread. I will periodically post the latest one up in this first thread for everyone to see.
Also, I will PM everyone on the list to remind them, when it comes closer to the day of the meet, and you can all feel free to PM me for my cell number, for anyone who wants to call on the way there, or has questions, or just wants to have a contact in their phone!

Main Info for the lazy bums!:

Where: Ground Up Headquarters: HAS MOVED!!! Now 91 Great Hill Road
Naugatuck, CT 06770
For a map click HERE!

Note: We are not meeting at Ground Up HQ, we are meeting at Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury, about 10 minutes from Ground up. Look for the pretty cars near the Sears tire center.

We are starting at Brass Mill and ending at Ground Up.

When: July 11th, 2010 See schedule here People will start arriving around 8:00 am. We will likely hang wound for an hour or so, then head over. If you run late or miss us, we'll just meet/see you at the show. Look for all the Novas parked together. (You can specifically look for My Car I have a SNS sticker in the drivers vent.... Just so you know you found the right pack!)

Who:See list of Attendees below

What: Nova or not, come meet the guys and gals from the site, talk and enjoy the company of other Nova nuts, and see all the pretty cars!

Just like last year... Same show, new place..

We will be meeting at 8:00 and will all enter the show together as a group an hour or so later. People who want to come later, or are late for what ever reason are more that welcome to join at a later time. We'll just meet you there then.

Other:

This is the same drill as last year, for those whom attended.
Hope to see you all there!

Other than all that, feel free to bring any non Nova car friends and cars. Although the company only sells parts for Chevys, all makes, models, and years are welcome!

(I really should be getting a cut for all the extra traffic I'm generating for them!)

(PM me if you want my cell # incase you get lost or abducted by aliens on the way and need to tell us you'll be late.)

~Brian

If you are not on the list, and would like to come, just copy the list into a post, and add your name and where you're from on and show up on meet day! Everybody is welcome! Adversly, If you are ony the list and cannot attend, please let me know and I will take you off it. I just copied the list of people I had from last year's meet. (lazy....)

NOTE:
I like to have a location for everyone next to their names so you guys can see if anyone is close. This way you can meet up if you want to drive down with someone, or even have someone close to call to give you a helping hand sometime!

Possible List of Attendees (UPDATED)
Bold names are confirmed, non bold are pending/possible.

1) venturesomerite - Stratford, CT
2) 69bigblock - Watertown, CT
3) jarhead64 - Waterbury, CT
4) R63SS -Middletown, CT
5) dans67 - Norwich, CT
6) BrownandWhite71 - Putnam, CT
7) Joshluther - Griswold, CT
8) brickyardboy-Southampton, MA
9) slickman - Fishkill, NY
10) SFG - Agawam, MA
11) Orange70 - Northfield, MA
12) Mike In Ct- Meriden,CT
13) novaman27- College Point, NY
14) 6367Rick- Northampton, MA
15) 71Nova - Carver, MA
16) bkhotrod staten island NY
17) jimmac - Hopewell Junction NY
18) Ian - Everett, MA
19) RonR-West Hurley, NY
20) sebtarta - New Milford, CT
21) Mordorman - Jackson, NJ
22) 67 supersport-long island ny
23)ChevyBelly - Enfield, CT
24)LS6Rally - Taunton MA
25) LODI3QTR Smithtown, N.Y26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You can leave my name on the list. I know I said I would be there last yer. I will try really really hard not to do anything to my car this year that will prevent from driving. I just get bored.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You can leave my name on the list. I know I said I would be there last yer. I will try really really hard not to do anything to my car this year that will prevent from driving. I just get bored.
Lol, Don't we all. I need to get seats in mine...

Also, maybe fix my motor, but we're going on like 3 years of I'm gonna do that....

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can make my name bold as I will be there again this year and with any luck maybe the car will be with me this time.

Also last year we had talked about doing maybe more than one get together per year did anyone have any other thoughts about that?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ground up has moved to a new facility... Here is the new address... 91 Great Hill Road
Naugatuck, CT 06770 Im gonna try & make it this year...

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You can make my name bold as I will be there again this year and with any luck maybe the car will be with me this time.

Also last year we had talked about doing maybe more than one get together per year did anyone have any other thoughts about that?
I was thinking maybe a family bbq, dyno day, a combo or what ever you guys want to do. I figured we would talk about it at the meet and see what we come up with. I know I spoke with Dan about a dyno day last year, so hopefully we can do that.

I think something like a closest without going over HP guess contest prize would be cool. :) I figure we could all pool $5 each and the winner takes all, if you're game enough to play! We would bet on our own cars (of course if you know your numbers, you can't play)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks for leting me know they moved because I didn't. Just checked out the location on the map. Even better its closer than before..

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
i would like to try to attend sounds cool

4) R63SS -Middletown, CT
5) dans67 - Norwich, CT
10) SFG - Agawam, MA
15) 71Nova - Carver, MA
16)bkhotrod staten island NY
17)
18)
19)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I'll be there with something, not sure if I'll have time to do anything with my 67 or not, but either our 70 Chevelle, my 70 El Camino, or the flat black GT37R turbo'd 2010 Camaro we've been working on.
On another note, if you guys want to set up a dyno day this spring/summer, we will be happy to host this also,
Dan

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was thinking maybe a family bbq, dyno day, a combo or what ever you guys want to do. I figured we would talk about it at the meet and see what we come up with. I know I spoke with Dan about a dyno day last year, so hopefully we can do that.

I think something like a closest without going over HP guess contest prize would be cool. :) I figure we could all pool $5 each and the winner takes all, if you're game enough to play! We would bet on our own cars (of course if you know your numbers, you can't play)
Yeah I remember some mention of that now that you brought it up and a dyno day would be fun. Also if anyone was interested here in Putnam in August we do a show were we shut down all of downtown and fill it with cars on a Sunday. I know the owner of the local Chevy dealership in downtown and he always clears the front of his lot for cars. Thought it might be kind of neat to get some guys together and park there for the show.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I may be able to make it. Sounds like a great event.

4) R63SS -Middletown, CT
5) dans67 - Norwich, CT
10) SFG - Agawam, MA
15) 71Nova - Carver, MA
18)
19)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hopefully we can get more guys or gals in my area and we can all cruise up together.:yes:

I may be able to make it. Sounds like a great event.

4) R63SS -Middletown, CT
5) dans67 - Norwich, CT
10) SFG - Agawam, MA
15) 71Nova - Carver, MA
18)Ian - Everett, MA
19)

·
Registered
309 Posts
If I'm home I'm there!

4) R63SS -Middletown, CT
5) dans67 - Norwich, CT
10) SFG - Agawam, MA
15) 71Nova - Carver, MA
18)Ian - Everett, MA
19)RonR-West Hurley, NY

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I'll be there - the new location is in the Naugatuck Industrial Park, there are plenty of either vacant parking areas or at least not used on the weekends. I'll scout around for a likely location to meet. Will also stop in to see if a date has been set yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'll be there - the new location is in the Naugatuck Industrial Park, there are plenty of either vacant parking areas or at least not used on the weekends. I'll scout around for a likely location to meet. Will also stop in to see if a date has been set yet.

Yeah the sooner we know the date the better so I can plan to have the day off from work and I can know how long I am going to have to get the car back together.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts