Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FIRST POST HAS MOST RECENT INFORMATION/PLANS

Schedule of Events - It's the one in grey

Main Info for the lazy bums!:

Where: Ground Up Headquarters:63 Golden St, Meriden, CT 06450

Map Available Here

When: Sunday, July 12, 2009. Event begins at 8:00am-1:00pm

Who: See list of Attendees below

What: Nova or not, come meet the guys and gals from the site, talk and enjoy the company of other Nova nuts, and see all the pretty cars!:D

(UPDATED)

We will be meeting at Thomas Edison Magnet School just down the road (For a map of that school, click here) at 8:00 and will all enter the show together as a group. People whom want to come later, or are late for what ever reason are more that welcome to join at a later time.

Other:
Thank you to everyone for voting. Hope to see you all there!
I was thinking we can find a place to all do lunch too while were out, but we'll just figure it out there.

~Brian

If you are not on the list, and would like to come, just copy the list into a post, and add your name and where you're from on and show up on meet day! Everybody is welcome!

List of Attendees (UPDATED)
1) venturesomerite - Stratford, CT
2) 69bigblock - Watertown, CT
3) jarhead64 - Waterbury, CT
4) R63SS -Middletown, CT
5) dans67 - Norwich, CT
6) BrownandWhite71 - Putnam, CT
7) Joshluther - Griswold, CT
8) brickyardboy-Southampton, MA
9) slickman - Fishkill, NY
10) SFG - Agawam, MA
11) Orange70 - Northfield, MA
12) Mike In Ct- Meriden,CT
13)novaman27- College Point, NY
14)6367Rick- Northampton, MA
15)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thats a good thing you got going there. That show has a good turn out. Been there a few times and not too many novers there so this should be good. Plus the GRD. up store is open at the time of the show..

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crappy store front, nice stuff though. I wish they had more of a "show room" kinda deal, more stuff to touch! I got my disk brake conversion kit from them, and some other things as well.
--Last time I was there a guy has just bought a hood for his Chevelle, and was trying to get it home on his Camry. That was pretty amusing.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
They will have the trailer set up at the CSRA swap meet at Lake Compounce May 3. A lot more hands on stuff there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I met these guys at the Charlotte show this weekend, didn't even realize that they existed. Right now July 12th looks good for me, hopefully I'll have my car at least running at that point. It's really not a looker right now, but that takes time, and I don't have that right now!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I met these guys at the Charlotte show this weekend, didn't even realize that they existed. Right now July 12th looks good for me, hopefully I'll have my car at least running at that point. It's really not a looker right now, but that takes time, and I don't have that right now!
A non looker Nova beats a ricer any day!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'll try to make it.Looks like a 3 plus hr ride for me.Any interest in any Ct guys coming to our N.E Nova Show in Egg Harbor NJ Sept.17-18?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice !!!

Really looking forward to this !! I would have to agree the showroom is a joke but they usually have what you want or can get it quick and they are priced much better then most and willing to deal sometimes which is cool I visit there way to often (moneywise)but do enjoy it!! And for those of you who don't live in the area or have not been around that area there is some good chow for lunch around the area including the Hooters that was on the list.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really looking forward to this !! I would have to agree the showroom is a joke but they usually have what you want or can get it quick and they are priced much better then most and willing to deal sometimes which is cool I visit there way to often (moneywise)but do enjoy it!! And for those of you who don't live in the area or have not been around that area there is some good chow for lunch around the area including the Hooters that was on the list.:cool:
Haha, combining the choices!

·
Registered
421 Posts
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME ALSO. I DRIVE THERE ONCE A MONTH FOR PARTS IN THE SUBARU. JUST STARTED TO WORK ON MY NOVA. GOT THE ENGINE BACK LAST WEEK. 400 BORED 30 OVER NEW CRANK RODS PISTONS. BLOCK DECKED AND SO ON. ALL BALANCED. BRODIX IK 200 HEADS. AIR GAP INTAKE. COMP CAMS ROLLER VALVETRAIN. CANT WAIT TO HEAR IT. NOW THE FUN STUFF. CLEAN UNDER CARRIAGE AND PAINT WITH POR 15. WENT TO GROUND UP 2 WEEKS AGO ON A SATURDAY WAITED AT LEAST AN HOUR TO GET HELPED OUT. LOTS OF PEOPLE WORKING ON THERE CARS.:yes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am going to try to get there, have to put in a 700R4. There is no way I am going to listen to a powerglide groan like a tin windup car for 4 hours. :no:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well good news!

Just about got the engine and the tranny back in the nova on Sunday since I was off from work. I have the next couple of Sundays off too so looks like the car might be back together for the show.

Let us know about a time and do we need to pre-register for the show?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts