Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
13,961 Posts
That looks like a pretty long distance between those holes on the door. The assembly manual shows them 2 inches apart. Is that the spacing on the bracket?

Bob

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the spacing on the bracket is roughly 2”. Looks like I’m going to have to look at that manual to guesstimate the location of the mirror

·
Registered
335 Posts
Art,

Oddly enough I had the same issue with my 63. But it turned out that someone had installed a side mirror from another car(hence the holes being far apart). Cant say it's the same with yours, but could be the maybe?

·
13,961 Posts
A lot of 63's got after market side mirrors or ones from other cars, because the only way you could get one from the factory was ordering the Comfort and Convenience option. A lot of mirrors were also dealer installed and many were placed wherever the owner desired.

Bob

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Just be sure to open the wing vent window to check for interference before drilling and mounting any mirror. The assembly manual shows the correct measurement.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a '70 Nova but my bracket looked just like yours. I had to bend the tab down towards the bracket a little bit (the one without the hole) in order to get the bracket to grab on the mirror. But I see your post was yesterday so if you had to bend yours then you already know it Lol... Oh & if anyone reading this has a '70 Nova I had to drill 1 hole on the passenger side. Drivers side the holes lined up.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a '70 Nova but my bracket looked just like yours. I had to bend the tab down towards the bracket a little bit (the one without the hole) in order to get the bracket to grab on the mirror. But I see your post was yesterday so if you had to bend yours then you already know it Lol... Oh & if anyone reading this has a '70 Nova I had to drill 1 hole on the passenger side. Drivers side the holes lined up.
Haha I did have to bend it in order for the threads to catch. Well I got it mounted in the correct location. Covered up the incorrect holes, but it’s till bugs me that there are more holes than needed under there. I also don’t care for the bowtie logo but oh well. The place I bought it from stated that back in 63 if you wanted an optional side view you probably got it with a bowtie on it....is that true??

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Art,

You have to tell me your connection in Tijuana. That white looks beautiful. Hopefully next year I can find a 67 Nova and build it with my Dad in TJ.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah for sure bro. This guy is an old timer and he does great work. Real easy to work with, the only thing he’s getting ready for retirement.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah for sure bro. This guy is an old timer and he does great work. Real easy to work with, the only thing he’s getting ready for retirement. The one that I lost was the hook up at the chrome shop in TJ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts