Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a couple posts where guys made their own floors, and they came out awesome. My situation now is the floor is completely out obviously because of rot, from trunk to firewall. My goal is not to restore original, but really create a badass nova. I heard about the "oil canning" which has deterred my thought on a smooth floor. Also, my original plan includes a TCI 4 link, which uses the stock frame rails and braces. I just want to get some ideas because I havent started the floor yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link, looks great! Seems like we are in a bit of the same boat, although your firewall is a little rougher than mine. How was it replacing that lower cowl under the dash? I may need to swap that piece out too.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It wasnt too bad. Tamraz's has good parts as far as fit, good thickness of metal, but their shipping times are slow. Chevy2only.com has nice stuff and the quality is the same but their staff is much more knowledgeable, willling to assit, but their shipping is VERY high. With that being said, I would not hesitate to order from either one again.

Cowl was easy, or I should say as easy as you could expect but not labor intensive

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen shipping costs, outrageous! I can wait a little longer for free shipping! On that cowl, did you have to remove the shoulders to get at it or you just needed to swap those anyway? Thing that sucks is my firewall is pretty good, but I can see rot where the subframe bolts to on the cowl, thinking I'll have to destroy the firewall to work on that part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts