Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not for sure if I can explain this well enough to make sense, but I will try. The fuel gauge works most of the time and my wipers have quit working but they started to work for a short time this weekend. If I mess with the headlight switch and move it from dome on to the other end I lose my fuel gauge reading. It will go to empty but if I adjust the headlight switch it will go back to the original fuel reading. My wipers had quit working and I was not for sure if it was the switch or motor as the car had been sitting over winter and I have not drove it much over the last few years. I started to take the dash apart and everything started working. As I was putting things back together I have found everything comes and goes.

Has anyone has these kind of issues before?
Where should I begin to look?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
545 Posts
Definitely sounds like you've got a short... Maybe behind the dash. What's the wiring look like back there? Hacked up? I'd check all that, clean up your fuse box, swap headlight switches and make sure your fuel sending unit wire is clean with a good ground by the tank.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wiring behind the dash looks original not hacked up at all. I have ordered new wiper and headlight switch. I will check the sending unit ground this weekend to see what it looks like, I know I have cleaned that up in the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts