Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the steelrat and the damage, I became paranoid. Even though Carl is doing a great job, I would rather not go through that!!!:(

So, I am going to do the same thing that Shaun did:

Really amazing how fast nasty stuff like that happens!!

Ray

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
After looking at the steelrat and the damage, I became paranoid. Even though Carl is doing a great job, I would rather not go through that!!!:(

Ray
"CHICKEN!!!".......:yes::rolleyes::yes::rolleyes::D Whatcha tryin' to do Ray,Put the bodyshop outta business?!?!?

Oh well,...Better safe than sorry..:D
Leftcoast Carl.:)

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carl, Carl, Carl. Just trying to put ICBC out of business:D

I still need you to do some repairs on the Acadian. We will chat later:D

And yes, I am chicken:yes:

Ray

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
What Ray? :confused:Miss that oppurtunity of 10 puckering, freaking seconds while you try and turn off the car, get it into neutral, hammering the brakes as it does G force inducing 360's while taking out road marker posts as the motor screams like a hellish banshee.... And you call yourself a Nova/Acadain enthusiast:devil:

Those highback bolstered seats and 3 point Morris seat belts held me firmly in place during that ride.:thumbsup:

Good to see you taking precautions. The cutting of the stainless throttle cable housing so that it does not burr/fray and fit back into the ferrule is a bit finicky.I was showed a process by one of Carl's shop guys (Ted) how to manage that.
Call me if you need the info.
Shaun

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Ray? :confused:Miss that oppurtunity of 10 puckering, freaking seconds while you try and turn off the car, get it into neutral, hammering the brakes as it does G force inducing 360's while taking out road marker posts as the motor screams like a hellish banshee.... And you call yourself a Nova/Acadain enthusiast:devil:

Those highback bolstered seats and 3 point Morris seat belts held me firmly in place during that ride.:thumbsup:

Good to see you taking precautions. The cutting of the stainless throttle cable housing so that it does not burr/fray and fit back into the ferrule is a bit finicky.I was showed a process by one of Carl's shop guys (Ted) how to manage that.
Call me if you need the info.
Shaun
I will give you a call, probably next week. Still have the grandkids here for the rest of the week.

I cannot imagine what you went through there. Kinda of my worst fear. Hope I would have the presence of mind to put the clutch in and let her blow, but who knows until you have been there. Bad stuff happens way too quick!!

ray

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts

Ray
I will do the same thing. Pucker factor becoming uncomfortable. :yes::eek::(:rolleyes::D

GerryLP:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts