Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when i bought the car i was told it was a 406 in the car. Well soon after i bought the car it started to run weird. So it got parked for the winter. Pulled off one valve cover and found some tops of valves broken off. Rocker was riding on the retainer. So pulled top end off cleaned top of one piston found part #-std. No bore here. Pulled cam and the front cam bearing was looking a little weak. So bought some ik 200's , air gap intake and shipped the 400 block to r.a.d. Machine for the works. 5.7 rods new pistons full roller valve train comp. Just hate to be told one thing and find out another after a purchase. Who can you trust? Called up the guy i bought the car from and of course no returned call. Oh well new engine with about 470 horse power sounds fine for me.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
i know how you feel.. one thing i do is whenever i buy a motor, trans, rear end or a whole car (older muscle cars or 4x4) i plan on having to tear into all the drive train... especially if im going to be running it hard.. unless i know the person that did the work i plan on spending the dough on double checking everything i just bought. some guys get PO'd at some of my offers on cars or parts they are selling but i only know and trust my work and the guys i know and their work.

unless you get a warranty its just part of the fun..LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts