Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everyone! I am in the process (ten year slow process actually) of building a 65 SS. The car sits as shown in the picture attached and is going to be getting final hammering and paint over the next few months at my buddies shop, JG design & Fab, Ventura Ca. My shop Gunmetal Fabrication is also in Ventura where I specialize in CNC Plasma cutting and custom fabrication ranging from residential structural steel to prototyping of custom one-off builds. My next project for the nova, which is still in the design phase, is a custom aluminum dash that will accommodate a Dakota Digital VHX-1019 series single gauge. I'll have to keep everyone posted. I will also be developing nova specific suspension parts, kits etc., that are unconventional with the option of a weld yourself package (reduces shipping costs), and fully tig welded ready to go versions. I'm stoked to be in the Steves Nova Site community and look forward to expanding my knowledge and expertise on these unequalled vehicles that must live on!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone and I agree, a good starting point for sure. It took a while to get to this point but well worth the wait and I am stoked every time I make even small progress. I just ordered the bearings and rotors for the mustang II setup and then it will have its legs back!! well, after I get some wheels and tires for the front. I need to figure the size and backspace of wheels and the tire size for heidts front clip tubular arms standard length, not shortened, with two inch drop spindles. I'm sure there's a thread on it. Thanks. -Mike

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Sounds like you know exactly what you want. Hope everything turns out OK. Pics along the way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks and as most projects are, a work in progress, you always hope things work out well and I have learned that even if I build it once one way, four years later I'm going to want to build it another way.. hehehe so I'll get it on the road and I'm sure I will be changing stuff around! www.gunmetalfab.com

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's cool you picked a nova up from ventura. What color and year, I probably use to see it around if it was a driver. Couple pictures of a Line-x sign I did for my buddy at Anacapa Soda Blasting/Line-x of Oxnard. He was stoked! Oh and just a random pic of a cage I built for a customers' Manx. That reminds me, I need to cage the Nova cause its gonna fly!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts