Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Nova's out today for local car show.
Pics are of my buddies pro street Nova. Just got it back from a very long stint in the chassis shop. He got award for best engine bay (pics show why). Also have some of his re done interior, which turned out nice also.
Thanks to Custom Jim, I got to honk my horn :D
Won my class and took best of show. Was a good day for both of us and had a lot of real nice rides there.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim will recognize both cars.....he built engines in both cars :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
66nogo2 said:
Recently? Or when he worked for SCP?
Jim built my engine last Fall (pic attached of his shop and engine on dyno).
He built my buddies motor two years ago.
The guy is a genius when it comes to engine building. There's no guess work when your motor leaves his shop. It's done and done right.
I don't know how he done it all those years commuting back and forth from Rolla.
Have you been out there lately and see that monster big block he's putting in a '58 Vette?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
66nogo2 said:
How big is the engine? Who's car?
The one in the pic is a 427 which is in my 70 Nova.
The engine in my buddies pro street is a 400 sbc which dynoed out at about 750 hp with the blower.
He ran last year at Bowling Green, KY and finished 2nd. Hasn't had it on the track since having all the chassis work done.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
66nogo2 said:
How big is the engine? Who's car?
I was wondering about the 58 vette;)
You have peaked my interest, I may have to go out there tommorow and snoop around.
I will tell Jim and Dickie they are now world renown. Eat a Krispie Kreme for me. Later

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Both cars look great!

Jason

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
68chevyll said:
Cars look great AG. Congrats on the awards.:beer:
Thanks.....still working on getting some larger 'meats' on the rear :D

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
americangraffiti said:
Thanks.....still working on getting some larger 'meats' on the rear :D
Jim showed me some fine pics of your car. Said you had a 5 speed. What gears in the rear? I had 6 speed with 4.88's which were a tad to low but worked out in 5th and 6th gear. I remember your friends car from Wentsville after talking to Jim about it. Sounds like he had fun with the chassis builder:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts