Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
They are all very nice Nova's!! :yes: If anyone wants to buy one for me I'll take the red 66 SS. Thanks!! :yes:

How do you find the starting bid on these great cars??

:ragtop:

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
asteeler4life said:
IT'S NOT PRE-DETERMINED!
Yup, it's the auctioneer's job to sell the car for as much as possible, as quickly as possible. When the car rolls onto the auction block, the auctioneer will take a guess at where the bidding will start. He/she'll say something like: "Who'll give me $10,000?" If there's no response, the auctioneer will start dropping the opening bid until someone signals that they'll bid at that price, say $7,000. Then the auctioneer starts with "Now who'll give me $8 (thousand)?" and keeps moving the bid up until it stalls.

If there's a 'reserve' (minimum bid the seller will accept), the auctioneer will announce "The reserve is off!" when the bid passes that figure. The bidding continues until it stalls out. If the bidding has passed the reserve price or if there's no reserve on the car, the auctioneer 'hammers' it as 'Sold'. If there is a reserve price and the bidding stalls below it, the car is rolled off the stage un-sold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts