Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

· Registered
305 Posts
Nova7163 - Silver 63 Nova

Year: 63

Model: Nova

Body/Exterior: Metalic Silver with Charcoal Rhino lining on the underside.

Front End: Chris Alston with stainless control arms, Wilwood brakes, QA1 coilovers, ABS electric power brakes

Engine: 327 from wifes grandfathers 67 Camaro (original owner), Edelbrock RPM Airgap intake, 625 CFM Road Demon carb.

Transmission: TH400 built by Remac Transmissions in Ca. with ATI converter

Rear End: 9" Ford, 3.90 gears, Wilwood disk brakes, QA1 coilovers

Exhaust: Chris Alston headers, 3" exhaust with 50 series Flowmasters

Wheels/Tires: 15x5 in front and 15x10 in rear with 29x12.50 Mickey Thompson

Interior: Black leather 67 Camaro bucket seats, Suede headliner, anodized aluminum door panels, 8 point roll bar with swing out bars, custom carbon fiber dash with autometer carbon fiber gauges

Electrical: American Auto Wiring

Sound system: None

Other: Matson radiator, dual Spal fans, Meziere polished electric water pump

Comments: Started when I was 15-16 years old. Served 6 years in the Army and used leave to come home to Ca to work on the car with my father-in-law who owns Williams Classic Chassis Works in La Verne, Ca. 8 years later it is done.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's a really awesome car. Excellent chassis work. Done by your father-in-law's shop?

I guess your wife understood you and your obsession back then...:D

Thanks everyone. Yes I just finished it up and it has about 400 miles on it so far. My father-in-law did a lot of the work and I used my 30 days of leave a year to come home to Ca and work on it.

My wife use to have and race a 71 Nova SS that she sold to a member on this site who recently rolled it. I won't say any names, but you know who you are. :D

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey thanks again everyone. I look at this site almost every night and just realized today that someone had replied since the last post in August.

how much was the frontend complete as it is, also how did u get the car to sit so awesome, and also wats the horsepower on ur engine, have u run it down the track?
My father-in-law is a dealer for CA so I purchased it at cost over 5 years ago. I don't recall what the price was but it was well worth it. Awesome front clip.

The motor is a big mystery. I bought it from my wife's cousin and he doesn't know much about it. He raced it in his 67 Camaro. It was something we could throw in and get the car on the road until I could built something to replace it.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I had more pictures on this thread but they got deleted by the mod.

This is how I bought the car when I was 15 years old. It was parked in a storage lot next to my father-in-laws shop in Ca. It had been sitting there for 15-20 years before I bought it.

couple weeks later all disassembled.

This is how the car was when I left for the Army when I was 17. Frame rails, rear suspension, and roll bar all done. Pretty much a roller.

paint and reassembly over the next 6 years

1 - 7 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.