Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Nova7163 - Silver 63 Nova

Year: 63

Model: Nova

Body/Exterior: Metalic Silver with Charcoal Rhino lining on the underside.

Front End: Chris Alston with stainless control arms, Wilwood brakes, QA1 coilovers, ABS electric power brakes

Engine: 327 from wifes grandfathers 67 Camaro (original owner), Edelbrock RPM Airgap intake, 625 CFM Road Demon carb.

Transmission: TH400 built by Remac Transmissions in Ca. with ATI converter

Rear End: 9" Ford, 3.90 gears, Wilwood disk brakes, QA1 coilovers

Exhaust: Chris Alston headers, 3" exhaust with 50 series Flowmasters

Wheels/Tires: 15x5 in front and 15x10 in rear with 29x12.50 Mickey Thompson

Interior: Black leather 67 Camaro bucket seats, Suede headliner, anodized aluminum door panels, 8 point roll bar with swing out bars, custom carbon fiber dash with autometer carbon fiber gauges

Electrical: American Auto Wiring

Sound system: None

Other: Matson radiator, dual Spal fans, Meziere polished electric water pump

Comments: Started when I was 15-16 years old. Served 6 years in the Army and used leave to come home to Ca to work on the car with my father-in-law who owns Williams Classic Chassis Works in La Verne, Ca. 8 years later it is done.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
That's a really awesome car. Excellent chassis work. Done by your father-in-law's shop?

I guess your wife understood you and your obsession back then...:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That's a really awesome car. Excellent chassis work. Done by your father-in-law's shop?

I guess your wife understood you and your obsession back then...:D

Thanks everyone. Yes I just finished it up and it has about 400 miles on it so far. My father-in-law did a lot of the work and I used my 30 days of leave a year to come home to Ca and work on it.

My wife use to have and race a 71 Nova SS that she sold to a member on this site who recently rolled it. I won't say any names, but you know who you are. :D

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Awesome car!

Hi Joel,
Glad to see that you put your car on the profiles. I love the rotisserie picture...it looks as good on the bottom, as it does on top. Beautiful car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome Nova!!

I saw your Nova at GoodGuys when I was talking to Tim at Chris Alston's Chassisworks. I love the car man. You did a great job with it. I have their front clip and hope my car comes out as good as yours. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys. I wish we didn't park out in BFE during Goodguys. We didn't even register in a catagory. I would have had a good chance in winning the young guns(25 and younger). Oh well...there is always next year.

·
Registered
320 Posts
nice -- nice? - sorry not nice --- amazing -- that is a great ride!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Year: 63

Front End: Chris Alston with stainless control arms, Wilwood brakes, QA1 coilovers, ABS electric power brakes

Rear End: 9" Ford, 3.90 gears, Wilwood disk brakes, QA1 coilovers

Exhaust: Chris Alston headers, 3" exhaust with 50 series Flowmasters

Wheels/Tires: 15x5 in front and 15x10 in rear with 29x12.50 Mickey Thompson
how much was the frontend complete as it is, also how did u get the car to sit so awesome, and also wats the horsepower on ur engine, have u run it down the track?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts