Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE BLACK INJECTOR COVER? ANY SUGGESTIONS......

Check out the link http://community.webshots.com/user/nova6speed

Year: 1967

Model: Chevy II/Nova

Body/Exterior: 15 year old paint

Front End:TCI coilover front subframe with QA1 adjustable shocks and 12" Wilwood disc brakes

Engine:Mostly stock 5.7L LT1 from a 1993 Camaro

Transmission:T56 6 speed

Rear End: Narrowed 12 bolt posi from a 1971 Camaro with 3.73 gears. Rear mini tubbed and a Hot Rods to Hell Centerdrive Truckarm Rear Suspension with QA1 shocks, 12" Wilwood disc brakes

Exhaust: Street and Performance headers with 2.5 inch Spintech Cruiser series mufflers

Wheels/Tires: Vintage Wheel Works V40's. 17x7s in the front with a 3.75 inch offset and 235/40/17 tires. 17x9.5s in the rear with a 4.5 inch offset and 285/40/17 tires

Interior: Black 1966 SS buckets with an automatic console

Electrical:Street and Performance LT1 engine harness and Ron Francis wiring system throughout the rest of the car

Sound system: In dash CD player

Comments:
Still in the process of completely dialing in the whole suspension, quarter mile trips and autocross events in the near future.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, it was a two and a half year process.....

·
0 Posts
I guess it's okay:rolleyes::rolleyes: I mean...... really..... it's just another 66:devil:

SICK RIDE!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah!!! I attended one in Rancho Cordova when the car was all stock and the last two in Pleasonton. My kids love going to them and has become our family weekend getaway. Sounds like we might get more cars at the show too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments guys, I can't wait to hit the track and autocross.....my buddy and I fabricated a cover to cover up the injectors/wires. I added some pics. I think it needs something more to make it standout, tell me what you think? I'm open to ideas.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went with the red intake because GM used red intakes on the one year only 1996 LT4 motor, thought it would be unique.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
tell me more about the rearend. i want to do the same thing. mine has been mine tube too. and iam going for the same look you have and i knew i was going to have to narrow the rearend. so i need details. please, please. the off sets you have make you have the deep dish look in the rear correct?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The rear is a 12 bolt from a 71 Camaro. Because of the rear truckarm suspension, it uses a different style of perches. The rear end measures 47" from inner backing plate to inner backing plate and has 12" Wilwood disc brakes with an enternal parking brake. The rear wheels are 17x9.5 inches with the 4.5" back space.To achieve more of a DEEP DISH look, you could have 3-4" back space, but the width of the rear end would change. What we did was pick the wheel/tire combo with the back space, then cut the rear end to make it look the way it does.

With the gears, tire height and T56 trans, the motor turns 2300 RPM at 70 mph......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts