Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations Adrian. :thumbsup:

Great story and nice write-up.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Very deserving car,congratulations Adrian:DAlway been one of my favorites at Mini's

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I guess I will have to read that magazine since Adrian has his bad to the bone car in it!:yes: It has been sitting on my coffee table but I have a hard time reading any of the mags any more cause they are full of big wheel, no sidewall tire and crappy LS stuff!!!:sleep:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Nice write up, way to go, Adrian! He really does use it for what it's for, to drive it!

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Good going Adrian!

Now I have to go pick up a copy... And where do we sign up for a ride-a-long? :yes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chevy High Performance

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words!!:yes: It's definitely an honor to be recognized and in the magazine! A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into that car, as all of you are well aware from your own projects. I spent a lot of nights in my garage working on the Nova. My kids and wife would fall asleep and I would tinker away in the garage till 2am. But chasing my childhood dreams took its toll. I've kinda fell off the map this past year with not making it to the minis, donut runs, speed shop tour in October or the toy drive. All stuff I wanted to do. My wife didn't "want to sit in the back seat anymore." She grew tired of my hobby and outlet from work and we separated last month. There are many reasons why our marriage failed but I'm not gonna bore anyone. I've spent more time with my two kids lately, trying to make things right. They're ok and I plan to make it to some NorCal events in 2013.

Bottom line guys, enjoy the hobby, but don't forget to take care of your loved ones...

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words!!:yes: It's definitely an honor to be recognized and in the magazine! A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into that car, as all of you are well aware from your own projects. I spent a lot of nights in my garage working on the Nova. My kids and wife would fall asleep and I would tinker away in the garage till 2am. But chasing my childhood dreams took its toll. I've kinda fell off the map this past year with not making it to the minis, donut runs, speed shop tour in October or the toy drive. All stuff I wanted to do. My wife didn't "want to sit in the back seat anymore." She grew tired of my hobby and outlet from work and we separated last month. There are many reasons why our marriage failed but I'm not gonna bore anyone. I've spent more time with my two kids lately, trying to make things right. They're ok and I plan to make it to some NorCal events in 2013.

Bottom line guys, enjoy the hobby, but don't forget to take care of your loved ones...
Man im sorry...that sucks :(....hang in there adrian...itll all work out:yes:

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
I've been going over this mag for days now and I keep going back to this article!
Kick *** car!
I've always liked the idea of the truck arm rear end...

Excellent article and car!

Sorry to hear about your situation with your wife...

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts

So sorry to hear this Adrian, sounds like your head is in the right place so stay tough and things will be better in the future!:yes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like those pics too! I learned a lot after that track day. If you look at my front tires, there is no negative camber gain as I'm turning. The front tires' contact patch is not even. I'm sure TCI corrected that with their newest autocross/track day front end. The older TCI IFS front end did not give me the negative camber gain that was needed to maintain a maximum contact patch. I spoke with Sal at TCI who provided me with a tremendous amount of knowledge about the front end. We talked about improving the front end with different A arms and about a new front end. As Sal and I talked about, when the "bug" gets ya, all you wanna do is more and more to make your car faster and handle better.

I contacted Steve McClenon at Hotrods to Hell about his newest front end that worked with his rear truckarm suspension. His front end provides gobs of negative camber gain at high speeds. I ultimately decided to purchase Steve's front end at an incredible price, you can probably tell by the stickers on my car. Both companies offer great products! I went with Hotrods to Hell mostly because the front end was going to match the rear suspension.

I'm now running a 17x9 with a 255/40/17 Nitto 05 tire on the front end (200 treadwear). A lot of the big autocross events won't keep track of your times if you're running a tire less than 200 treadwear, such as goodguys and Run to the Coast type events. The car really does handle well! Rides are welcomed :devil:

Congrats Adrian! These two pictures are still some of my favorites.

-J

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's all good bro, I have a positive attitude and know that things happen for a reason. I have no worries and can't wait to enjoy some :beer::beer: with ya!!

So sorry to hear this Adrian, sounds like your head is in the right place so stay tough and things will be better in the future!:yes:

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
Congrats & I wish you nothing but this for you & the family ! :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts