Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I own a 64 Nova SS. I have CPP HD Stock Height Springs on the Front and Monroe Sensatrack shocks. It bottoms out frequently and leans a lot in the corners. I like a stiff ride, I was really surprised that the HD springs were not stiffer. Should I change my shocks and go with some race shocks? If so what do you suggest?
Thanks,
FriskierSaucer

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Are you sure its just the front? How are your rear springs? You could try some adjustable Varishocks or QA1's.You could then dial in the stiffness you like.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear mono coil are stock, I put the same monroe sensatracks in the back. I figured the front was more important, I will upgrade to the multileaf pretty soon though, just wanted to get the front dialed in.

Could I just throw in some nice shocks in the back and not touch the mono leafs? Or do I need to get some new leafs If I want a good ride??

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Do you have a front sway bar?if not you need one.....it'll really stiffen up the front from body roll in the corners

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
If its 3/4 or 7/8 I'd upgrade ti 1inch....makes a big difference

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Alright, I've herd that in order to install multi-leaf springs in a mono-leaf spring car it takes some work. They don't fit? Is this correct, if so what would I have to do
Direct bolt in, get youself some good shocks first, you will be amazed at the difference:yes: KYB gas adjust run around 35.00 each:yes:

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
4,022 Posts
Direct bolt in, get youself some good shocks first, you will be amazed at the difference:yes: KYB gas adjust run around 35.00 each:yes:
I think you'll be surprised at what a difference these shocks make. Some don't like how stiff they can be but I like um.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts