Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post this. I looked up a value in NADA for a 64 Impala and a 64 Impala SS, there was about a 12 k difference. In the options category both listed the Nova Super Sport option and it was a 15% add. I could not find any info on this option. Has anyone ever heard of this option?

·
Super Moderator
3,833 Posts
Seems strange that NADA would have a 15% increase for a 'SS Option' on a '64 Impala, but also a 15% increase for a '64 Impala SS with a 'SS Option'? Doesn't make sense. Super Sport was an option in '64 for Malibu, Impala, and for the latter half of the year, Nova.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems strange that NADA would have a 15% increase for a 'SS Option' on a '64 Impala, but also a 15% increase for a '64 Impala SS with a 'SS Option'? Doesn't make sense. Super Sport was an option in '64 for Malibu, Impala, and for the latter half of the year, Nova.
I know. I thought it was just the SS option at first. The way its worded, Nova
SS option makes it seem like its an additional package. I also looked up 70 Chevelle SS and there is no option for this. I may need to email NADA on this.

·
13,685 Posts
Over the years, I've found most price guides have had problems identifying models correctly.

In 1964, there was no SS option for the Impala. The SS was a distinct model identified with it's own model numbers. The Impala SS hardtop was 1347 (6 cyl.) and 1447 (V/8). The SS convertible was 1367 (6 cyl.) and 1467 (V/8). I assume that NADA is suggesting there is a 15% value increase in having a 1964 Impala SS hardtop or convertible over a 1964 non SS hardtop or convertible. They should not be mentioning the word option, because there wasn't any.

The 1964 Chevelle also had distinct model numbers for the Super Sport.

Unlike the '63, there was no SS option for the '64 Nova. The SS was a distinct model, but with one big difference. There was only one model number, whether it was a six or V/8. All 1964 Nova Super Sports were model 0447. I can see the addition of 15% for a V/8 Nova SS in 1964, but not for a six cylinder. There should also be an addition for a '64 Nova V/8 with a 4 speed. What does NADA state about prices for the 1964 Nova SS?

Bob

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Over the years, I've found most price guides have had problems identifying models correctly.

In 1964, there was no SS option for the Impala. The SS was a distinct model identified with it's own model numbers. The Impala SS hardtop was 1347 (6 cyl.) and 1447 (V/8). The SS convertible was 1367 (6 cyl.) and 1467 (V/8). I assume that NADA is suggesting there is a 15% value increase in having a 1964 Impala SS hardtop or convertible over a 1964 non SS hardtop or convertible. They should not be mentioning the word option, because there wasn't any.

The 1964 Chevelle also had distinct model numbers for the Super Sport.

Unlike the '63, there was no SS option for the '64 Nova. The SS was a distinct model, but with one big difference. There was only one model number, whether it was a six or V/8. All 1964 Nova Super Sports were model 0447. I can see the addition of 15% for a V/8 Nova SS in 1964, but not for a six cylinder. There should also be an addition for a '64 Nova V/8 with a 4 speed. What does NADA state about prices for the 1964 Nova SS?

Bob
They do list it as a seperate model, and than one of the options is nova super sport. on top of that. Go check out the site

1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Prices and Values
I removed the values from here because they do not display right.

Options (Change)
Nova Super Sport Package
15%

1 - 5 of 5 Posts