Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drive by this Nova almost everyday but on this day I see an older woman in the yard. I pull over and say hi. I ask her about the Nova and she laughs. I asked her how many people a day stop and ask about the Nova she laughs again and says on average one a day and in some cases the same person multiple days.

Was I wrong for not asking if it was for sale? I just figured at this point if it was for sale it would be gone by now and I just felt bad.

Anywho, I guess the guy who owns it (not sure if its a husband or a son or just the guy downstairs or maybe owner of the house) only comes by on the weekends. I asked her if she would mind if I took some pictures and she said fine as long as I didn't advertise its location, so I won't.

The color makes me want to vomit in my mouth. But the car seems pretty solid. No major rust which is amazing for New England. I dont believe its an SS though it says so on the grille (its gotta be right ;) ). This is what the VIN produced:

The Division is: Chevrolet
The Series is: Nova Custom
The Body Style is: 2 Door Hatchback
The Engine is: 350 2bbl V8
The Year is: 1974
The Plant is: Willow Run, MI
The Sequence # made is: 116922

No engine but rear and tranny are there. Couldn't get pics of the interior as it was filled with parts and the hood was pinned on or I would have looked at the cowl tag.

She did tell me it was bought from a guy who raced it. It has race seats and what looks like a B&M shifter in it and some various switches and lights on the dash. No roll cage though.

So I thought someone might like to see it, I always look in yards as I drive to see what might be lurking behind a garage. You never know!

·
14,584 Posts
Looks like it would be a real decent starter for a project. It's already got a cowl hood. The wheels don't look to bad. Maybe you should try to catch the owner on a weekend and see whats up.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it would be a real decent starter for a project. It's already got a cowl hood. The wheels don't look to bad. Maybe you should try to catch the owner on a weekend and see whats up.
Yeah I was thinking that...maybe I will....

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Heh. You're from CA you say?

I'd be real worried about the underside if it has been parked there for more than a couple of years.
rusted out? maybe...

too far gone? doubtful..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really didnt get a good look at underneath but I def dont think its too far gone...Still even for parts its a good car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
they make a lot of replacement parts for these cars. as long as the cowl is there, your in good shape..

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yeah should asked, the hood is wrong anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The hood is for an early model right? Thats why there is no front trim...
It looks like its an fiberglass aftermarket bolt on hood. I assume that there isnt a hood lip on it for the same reason i didn't have one for a while, there about $100 for a strip of aluminum.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
yeah the hoods for a 68-72

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have access to a beautiful 1974 Nova Custom Parts Car If you're interested, depending on how far you get with this. It's All rusted out, being in northern maine but the interior is all orginal, buckets seats, good dash, console, original 6 cylinder.
Ben

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have access to a beautiful 1974 Nova Custom Parts Car If you're interested, depending on how far you get with this. It's All rusted out, being in northern maine but the interior is all orginal, buckets seats, good dash, console, original 6 cylinder.
Ben
How much and do you have pics?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts