Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how the repro rubber floor fits and who sells them.Do they offer it in blue.I have a chance to buy a original black one i wounder if i could spray die it.The guy wants 200.00 for it. I:rolleyes:s it worth it ?Its for my 1968 ss small block car bench seat 4 speed

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I don't know of anyone who sells colored ones, but for $200 you should buy it or send it to me:devil:. If it's clean and not torn or worn out, it's well worth the money. The repops aren't as cosmetically correct as the OE's. I have one of each and they different, texture wise.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Classic Industries (and probably the other standard vendors) have repro black vinyl floor covering for about $140. Classic has free ground shipping on orders over $99 too (code WS7491).

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
If you can buy a nice, original GM rubber mat for $200, don't let it get away! The repops don't fit well. I'd buy an original for $200 and could resell it and be happy with the result, so grab it!

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
They range from 50 to 200 bucks and more depending on how nice they are (or who owns them)..... I have bought a few for 50 bucks that were nice. There is a difference in some years in the 3rd gen Novas so be careful if you shell out alot for one not knowing if it will fit or not. The seatbelt bolt area is different on a couple of the years but I cannot remember which ones. I think the 68 and 69 is the same and the 70-72 is the same but don't quote me on it. Marlin Spotts knows the answer to this for sure. I think he also knows how to modify one year mat to fit another Nova.

The color is also painted on to these mats. They were all black then painted with laquer paint. The blue can be reproduced fairly easy but with time and traffic it always comes off. I had a 68 Nova with the very rare Olive colored mat that was perfect and after looking at it closely and seeing that it had black and the olive color in it I am led to believe that one cannot be reproduced and look correct.... If you find one of those in perfect condition it would be worth a mint to someone needing it....

Tommy :)

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
I pulled a nice one from a parts car once and cleaned it with Wesleys Bleach white with great results. I let it sit in the driveway in the sun and dry after scrubbing and washing it. The small areas around the seatbelts tend to break off if your not careful so treat these areas with care when removing or installing one. They also tend to have a weak area in the driver foot well if the floor had gotten soft or had rusted through.

Tommy :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts