Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Vendor
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After researching and trying some different radiators this is what I have found to work the best for all around fit and function.....These are the Entropy line of radiators and they really do a great Job! Many members here on the site have them and this is what woe have in the Chuck Wagon.

Give me a call or send an email to place your order!
330-442-7162. [email protected]

LS SERIES 62-67 $800.00

This is our 1962 - 1967 Nova aluminum radiator for swapping a LSX based motor (LS1, LS2, LS3, LS7, LQX truck motors, etc) into your car and is configured with both hose connections on the passenger side, meaning these are a DUAL PASS system. Includes dual HP fans and aluminum shroud. This radiator has brackets that attach to the side of the radiator (not shown) and bolt to the core support in the stock mounting holes. Also included is the aluminum shroud with high powered 11.5" paddle blade fans (not the cheap lower powered fans) delivering a TRUE 3000 CFM. Together, they pull 35-40 amps (check the current rating on the cheapy fans that claim to pull high CFM). Unless specifically requested, we now install the steam vent port on the passenger side below the upper hose connection. We also add a 3/8" NPT bung on the passenger tank as well for a temp switch or for installing a sending unit for a temp gauge.

This will fit with stock front suspensions as well as aftermarket front suspensions such as the bolt on front clips. For the upper hose, a 1990 - 1995 Eclipse upper hose is almost a perfect fit.

Like all of our radiators, it's made with pride in the USA with USA made cores. Unlike most radiators, our cores are purpose built for high performance cooling and are not made using standard passenger car (PC) cores. All of our radiators are fully TIG welded, 2-rows of 1.0" tubes, use heavy duty transmission coolers, no epoxy, a billet filler neck, brass overflow connections and a brass drain ****.

SBC 62-67 $740.00

This is our 1962 - 1967 Nova aluminum crossflow radiator for a SBC/BBC motor. It includes dual HP fans and aluminum shroud. This radiator has brackets that attach to the side of the radiator (not shown) and bolt to the core support in the stock mounting holes. Also included is the aluminum shroud with high powered 11.5" paddle blade fans (not the cheap lower powered fans) delivering a TRUE 3000 CFM. Together, they pull 35-40 amps (check the current rating on the cheapy fans that claim to pull high CFM). Unless specifically requested, we now install the steam vent port on the passenger side below the upper hose connection. We also add a 3/8" NPT bung on the passenger tank as well for a temp switch or for installing a sending unit for a temp gauge.

Please check your clearance. You will need 7" of clearance from the core support to the water pump pulley for this to clear. Long water pumps with the March style serpentine system will require a special low profile fan setup to clear. Short water pumps with the March style setup can still use our standard HP fans with a shroud modification. If you're in the planning stages of yoru project, we highly recommend going with the short water pump setup.

Like all of our radiators, it's made with pride in the USA with USA made cores. Unlike most radiators, our cores are purpose built for high performance cooling and are not made using standard passenger car (PC) cores. All of our radiators are fully TIG welded, 2-rows of 1.0" tubes, use heavy duty transmission coolers, no epoxy, a billet filler neck, brass overflow connections and a brass drain ****.

68-74 NOVA 800.00

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Can someone post part#'s along with the brand of hose that will fit the LS radiator with the car pump? UPPER & LOWER please. I would also like a hose that fits without adapters if passable.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Car Quest (made by Gates) #20450 and 22345 work perfectly (with a truck water pump), but I don't remember which is up and which is down. The upper needs to be trimmed and would be truck specific. The lower goes on as is and should be the same for a car or a truck.

·
Vendor
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure of the fitment of Burkes part numbers to the entropy radiator....

For my Chuck Wagon I used the same hose, top and bottom, I did use the reducers for the top hose, j had concerns in doing that but, they were unwarrented, it worked perfectly and you can not tell they were used. It will take some time searching the smaller hoses for the perfect fit.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

For my Chuck Wagon I used the same hose, top and bottom, I did use the reducers for the top hose, j had concerns in doing that but, they were unwarrented, it worked perfectly and you can not tell they were used. It will take some time searching the smaller hoses for the perfect fit.
Same pt#s used on my radiator, and Derek's with the Entropy radiator.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

Would you mind sharing the part# of the hose and brand?

"For the upper hose, a 1990 - 1995 Eclipse" there is different part numbers for the upper hoses between 90-95 eclipse. if you can post the part number or if its a secret just pm it to me.:yes: I won't tell anyone.....

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
I'm stuck once again, I cant find female connectors like what are on the fans. Can you post up a part number of those connectors? this might help people in the future who buy this radiator. thanks

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Dave,I know its not the answer your looking for but Entrophy makes a nice three relay harness to adapt the fans to an LSx harness.I have never seen the fan plugs in my travels.The harness is not listed on the site,email him.I have one here but that does you no good:(

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Dave,I know its not the answer your looking for but Entrophy makes a nice three relay harness to adapt the fans to an LSx harness.I have never seen the fan plugs in my travels.The harness is not listed on the site,email him.I have one here but that does you no good:(
When I ordered Derek's I had them send me the other half of the connectors as well, so they stock them. Just give them a call and I'm sure they can drop some in the mail to you.

·
Vendor
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dave.....and others in need, I do not have a specific part number, however if you need them they can be ordered with the radiator if need be. Just let me know and I will get them shipped out!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Dave.....and others in need, I do not have a specific part number, however if you need them they can be ordered with the radiator if need be. Just let me know and I will get them shipped out!
I just opened my box with my cool new radiator in it!:yes: now it looks pretty good under my christmas tree until i get to install it this weekend! I would like to buy a set of the fan connectors Chuck. Thanks!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looking for an opinion. I have a new ls3 motor and the upper water outlet is on the oppisite side than the one shown in the installed pic. Would I be better off with the other radiator with the openings on oppisite sides? I suppose it dosn't really matter. Just thought I would pic some brains. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts