Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a list of Nova parts you can still buy from GM. These parts are not repos they are real GM.
3947619 BB fan shroud 69-70
3949790-89 Head Lamp Bezels 69-72
3995647 69-70 BB Fan Pulley
3937787 69-70 BB Crank Pulley
3909071 Clutch push rod seal 68-74
3892632 Clutch fork boot- All
3919083 front bumper filler 68-72
8701089 trunk emblem 69-72
3916658 Battery tray 68-up
3990918 BB engine mount 69-70
3953676 Fender emblem 69-72
3938613 SB fan shroud
6470424 BB fuel pump
5651480 Fuel filter L48 L34
10003072 Shackle kit 68-up
7743520 Inside door handle 68-72
3893179 E brake handle
7728956-7 Sill plates 68-up
3921648 Clutch pedal pad
6279669 Dome lamp lens 62-70
7790753 Sunvisor brackets 68-72
6428845 BB sending unit
Thats all for now more to come ;) . Ed

A

·
0 Posts
Great information........I printed this list, will watch for more when you post.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are listed as Hiperf so I would say they are L34 and not the L78 Spl Hiperf. I'll look for the part # for them. Ed

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are listed as Hiperf so I would say they are L34 and not the L78 Spl Hiperf. I'll look for the part # for them. Yes the fuel filter has black a AC on it. Ed

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
EBAY Prices...

I was chasing 2 items tonite and lost in the stretch..NOS BB Air Cleaner(went for $635) and an NOS BB Fuel Pump($305).....the prices for the original stuff is in lunar orbit..

wilma :eek:

·
Registered
278 Posts
You guys back East are lucky..IF I called the Chevy dealer around here and asked for any of those parts, I am sure the guy on the phone would fall off his stool laughing. No Dice on parts from dealers here, I have tried- ie. Fan shroud small block. Thats OK. Ebay was nice to me on that one :)

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Be advised that these part might be new manufacture and not the original quality. Also some things are being made in the original well worn molds.

Just because it was made by GM in 2004 does not mean it is that same as came on the car originally.

GM has caught on to the restoration craze. Some dealers are also buying from the GM Restoration Part catalog. Which include authorized reproductions.

No knocking the parts, remember it is still buyer beware.

Greg R.

·
5,145 Posts
Schonyenko2 said:
Greg is right. Some of the parts being sold with the GM# are new repops.
A guy in C.R. tried to sell a fellow Nova enthusiast a repop GM labelled part
as NOS. He(seller) was rather upset when I explained the difference. He felt if it said GM on the box it was NOS and worth big $$.
I did buy an actual NOS part last year that the guy thought was a GM labeled repop!!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That's because people don't even know what NOS stands for. New Old Stock means it's new and unused but it's also Old because it was made back when the car was originally built. A new, unused part that was recently made is OER (Original Equipment, Remanufactured).

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
This one is the GM Nova part I want.

From the people that first introduced high-performance crate engines to the automotive aftermarket, we are proud to announce the arrival of GM Performance Parts 572 line of crate engines. Choose from the street worthy 620hp 9.6:1 version or the fire breathing 720hp 12:1 version.

Built on an all new GM Sportsman Bow Tie tall deck block, the new 572 is stuffed with goodies like 4340 steel H-beam rods, forged aluminum pistons, and 4340 forged steel 4.375" stoke crankshaft. Only to be topped with aluminum rectangle port heads with dual valve springs and roller rockers. Don't forget about the single plane intake manifold and Demon carburetor that really makes these monsters scream!

Each of the two versions is available in a short block, long block or turn key variety.

Short Block - includes cylinder block, crankshaft, pistons, rods and bearings.
Long Block - includes short block plus, cylinder heads, oil system, roller camshaft and lifters, roller rocker arms and valve covers.
Turn Key - includes long block plus aluminum short style water pump, high RPM balancer, flexplate (flywheel) for auto trans, single plane intake manifold, Demon carburetor and ignition.

A

·
0 Posts
TechNova said:
A guy in C.R. tried to sell a fellow Nova enthusiast a repop GM labelled part
as NOS. He(seller) was rather upset when I explained the difference. He felt if it said GM on the box it was NOS and worth big $$.
I did buy an actual NOS part last year that the guy thought was a GM labeled repop!!!
This stuff goes on all the time, especially EBay :mad:
Sellers get real pissed when you try to explain the difference between NOS, OEM and reproduction parts.........if it says 'GM' on the box it must be NOS :confused:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Here is a list of Nova parts you can still buy from GM. These parts are not repos they are real GM.
They ARE real GM parts, but GM "SERVICE REPLACEMENT" parts. They are newly manufactured but often look unlike the original parts.

Modern Chevrolet (Classic Muscle) still carrys tons of them and they are indicated in their catalogs w/the GM part number (and / or with REPRO numbers if available as well).
http://https://www.classicmuscle.com/

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The parts I listed are from GM and not repos, the dealers that sell repo parts are not getting them for GM,GM really has nothing to do with the GM restortion parts program. They sold the part # so it can be remanuftered by other compines. I can not by any repo parts from GM,I have to sign up to sell GM repo parts though the parts department from the manufacter that sells them. The parts that are sold now are OEM not NOS,I put this list up so you would not get burned buying the parts as NOS from ebay. They are service replacement parts and some differ from NOS parts. I'm just looking out for the little guy. Ed

1 - 20 of 122 Posts