Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that you have to be a member of NNNC to be entered in the show which I think they should let anybody with novas be in the show that probably would get more entries and more members if they let people opt to join at the show . I guess I might drive up to look but not join because I don't won't to belong to any club or organization just like to show my car and not be obligated to any dues or club meetings and the nationals are only 40 minutes from my house but won't be enterd just looking.

Thanks just voicing my opinion, I'll just goto the New Jersey show where anybody can be entered .

·
6,402 Posts
I'm a member of the NNN yet I feel the show should be open to all Novas. They could have the awards for the show as normal to those NNN members and perhaps 1 or 2 for non-members. If more people were exposed to the NNN show and the members, then they may get more new members. There are no dues and no meetings that you have to go to.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
first of all nnn is not a car club.what car club don't have elections for officials.who is the president,vice-pres,secretary,tresurer,etc.????i don't know,do you? the money raised by dues is suppose to go for club activities,spent by member votes.if you have a gripe with nnn are they going to hear your voice? car club are run by members. it's all part of a business.so how could it be a club?? that's why you see more cars at car shows sponsored by a real car clubs.they call SAM'S CLUB a club but at least they give you a discount when you buy stuff.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's amazing what people will complain about! National Nostalgic Nova is a CLUB and it does listen to its members! The changes I have seen in the NNN over the years have been a result of Wayne Bushey listening to the members! Perhaps NNN should have it's nationals open to Fords, Mopars and Imports. How about not charging an entry fee and giving everybody who walks by an award! Give me a break! There is nothing wrong with having to be a member of NNN to show and compete at THEIR show. Try competing in a high school athletic competition and not be a member of the state HS athletic association or not being a member of the NCAA and try competing in college sports. How about not being a member of a union and trying to work as an electrician or auto worker. The National Nostalgic Nova Club has the Nova Nationals for its members!! Many people along with me have no problem in being a member of NNN. The nationals are just one of the perks. Membership has its privileges!:D :chev: :D

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
And No Offence, Its a Convention Not a Show, And Yes I know their is awards and a show going on but it is considered a Convention for it members to get together and show each other their Ideas and toys and to just meet and Say Hi. Sorta like a Firemens convention.
Oh yea try and enter a Good Guys show or NSRA show without being a member

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
There are people that will pay at the gate, those that will sneak under the fence, and those that will stay home and bitch about the price. The world goes on, and so will NNN.

I'd rather sit with the paying customers.

Rich

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I am a proud member of the NNN. I also would like to see other non-members cars there as well and hopefully have some of you who are not members become members. I have talked to Wayne about this many times as well as other members to let non-members enter the show but the anwser has always been no and heres why. Insurance regulations. If something was to happen to your car or someone else at the show you are covered. There was a show many years ago where someone was backing their car into a spot and a girl ran in behind the car and got knocked down and got scrathes on her. Well guess what happened, The girls parents sued the car club and all of the elected officals of the club lost their cars in the law suit. WOULD YOU TAKE THAT CHANCE OF LOSING YOU CAR????? Some of you think the price of the show and membership are too high to become a member, try as Bruce said to get in a Goodguys or NSRA show where there are year restrictions . There are no restrictions on the Nova Nationals (EXCEPT JUST BEING A MEMBER) just Novas and people enjoying each others company and stories.

For those of you who want to complain on this site may I make a suggestion and email NNN and tell them about your problems with the rules. Who knows when the Nationals goes to Indianapolis next year non-members may be able to participate.

·
Registered
567 Posts
4GOTTEN1 said:
I am a proud member of the NNN. I also would like to see other non-members cars there as well and hopefully have some of you who are not members become members. I have talked to Wayne about this many times as well as other members to let non-members enter the show but the anwser has always been no and heres why. Insurance regulations. If something was to happen to your car or someone else at the show you are covered. There was a show many years ago where someone was backing their car into a spot and a girl ran in behind the car and got knocked down and got scrathes on her. Well guess what happened, The girls parents sued the car club and all of the elected officals of the club lost their cars in the law suit. WOULD YOU TAKE THAT CHANCE OF LOSING YOU CAR????? Some of you think the price of the show and membership are too high to become a member, try as Bruce said to get in a Goodguys or NSRA show where there are year restrictions . There are no restrictions on the Nova Nationals (EXCEPT JUST BEING A MEMBER) just Novas and people enjoying each others company and stories.
You want to talk retarded, THAT'S retarded!!!! Each club has an insurance policy on holding an event at a location(and most are a 1 million dolar policy). Also, typically, each car has insurance on it!!! So, for him to say it's because of insurance regulations is absurd!! It basically means that he does not want to increase the coverage to allow more cars. If I would go to a local show and back into someone like that, my insurance on the car would cover it!!!

I also agree with pronova, well put!!!

Done ranting now, thanks!!:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
One more opinion

I am a member of NNN and have been for a few years. I don't understand why anyone who has a Nova that they want to show wouldn't want to belong! It costs $30 a year and you get a great magazine each month along with the opportunities for the shows and competition. What a deal. NNN is clearly a private club and they have all those freedoms just like the Boy Scouts or the YMCA. As a memeber you get the priveleges of membership! I personally wouldn't mind the non members showing a car in the various NNN meets; but that is up to the club to decide and I will abide by those rules with no problems. Anyone who own's and loves their Nova enough to want to show it ought to support NNN and belong.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Greg McMillan said:
I am a member of NNN and have been for a few years. I don't understand why anyone who has a Nova that they want to show wouldn't want to belong! It costs $30 a year and you get a great magazine each month along with the opportunities for the shows and competition. What a deal. NNN is clearly a private club and they have all those freedoms just like the Boy Scouts or the YMCA. As a memeber you get the priveleges of membership! I personally wouldn't mind the non members showing a car in the various NNN meets; but that is up to the club to decide and I will abide by those rules with no problems. Anyone who own's and loves their Nova enough to want to show it ought to support NNN and belong.
You just took the words right out of my mouth, word for word!! Somehow, it's logical to spend $35+ for a night out at the movies - but not for a years worth of NNN membership - where you get 12 issues of a Novas only magazine? Absurd!! (if I may borrow that word :D ) Once you join, and enjoy the club, it's hard not to join a chapter - where elections are held for various positions. I don't want to put words in Wayne's mouth, but I think the Nationals are for bringing people together to enjoy each others Novas - our common denominator. The judging part of the show could be done away with, and only do a peoples choice deal - but a lot of members want the technical judging, so it stays. Novas are contagious, 1 begats 2 begats 3... :D

M (who can't wait for a 3 hour drive to the Nationals - sure beats 19 hours last year :eek: )

·
6,402 Posts
There isn't a definete number of cars at the show. It can vary depending on location and weather. Basically they don't know how many will show up. The insurance likely doesn't specify XXX number of cars. If there is an extra cost for insurance then add the cost to the entry fee for those non members. Simple. Done. NNN is now doing something for their betterment with the possbility of new members. They could even deduct the extra fee to new members that sign up at the show.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Here is my opinion as a former member of NNN. If the club is running the show they have the right to keep the show to members only. I have no idea on the total car spaces available at the Nationals. If for some reason they do have open spaces available they should open it up to non members. I know this does make extra work for the club. Who knows maybe some of the new people will sign up for NNN. Like, I said I do not have anything against NNN and would consider joining in the future. I was a member in the early to mid ninty's. I attended a couple of Nationals. I even won a first place plaque in 95. Which was nice. The only thing is I really felt out of place at the shows. I know it is hard for NNN to makes things perfect for everyone, but I wish there was a way to make new comers feel more welcome. It kind of felt like they had there little crowd and that was all. As far as paying $30 a year for membership. I was finding that the magazine seemed like it was the same thing each month with only 2 new stories and alot of parts for sale. It got to the point were it was taking me less than 5 minutes to read an issue and it wound up on the pile with the rest.

I am glad that I can post my opinion on this site and I hope that maybe some of things that I have mentioned can get out in the open. Like, I said I do not have anything against NNN and maybe some of these things can be address in the future.

Let's face it we all LOVE Nova's :D

novamaniac

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
ricks69L78 said:
I just found out that you have to be a member of NNNC to be entered in the show which I think they should let anybody with novas be in the show that probably would get more entries and more members if they let people opt to join at the show ........

30 to 35 bucks for membership isn't much. seems well worth the price and you get the mag aslo. yea, the mag could be better, but it is better than it used to be and hopefully will get better in the future. maybe let in non members and have them park in a set off area. i would still look them over, but i do not think they should be able to be judged or get awards. that is the price to pay for being a member. yes, each of us have our opinion and NNN's, obviously is to charge for membership and attendance at thier shows. so if they make the rules, you have a choice. pay up or choose not to attend. thanks for the time!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I used to be in NNN, but after I wrecked my '66 I quit them. I got married and it became apparent my car wasn't going to be fixed for quite a while. I quit because it was depressing in a way to see all those nice Novas and mine is junk. I also quit to save a little money too.

I just wish they would have a convention closer to here.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I hope "being married" wasn't the reason you didn't get your car fixed. It kills me to hear of someone who loves their hobby, something they like to do, give it up because their other half doesn't feel the same way.

·
Registered
788 Posts
NNN member two cents:

I guess the fellas here can pay the extra $30 plus the show entry and condsider it the cost of doing business. The hobby car industry is a huge industry and thank God we have the right to do business as we see fit!

Hey, ya ever notice who is the only sponsor for this site? NNN right up there in the corner every time ya look. I say kudos to Wayne and friends for keeping this whole thing of his going. I know the hard work and unrelenting pusillanimous outburts can sometimes be a bit much to overcome when trying to please so many Nova Nuts like me! Thanks to the Busheys' we have a NOVA NATIONALS!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts