Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a good manual on the First Generation Nova?, something that is easy to read and got plenty of pics so i can reference for putting my car back together

Looks like theres plenty of manuals and books out there, I just wana get the best one on the first try.

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Motor's Manuals from that era are great, too, though I think a lot of it is reprinted from the Service Manual. Not that that's a bad thing. My '68 Motor Manual is my auto repair bible.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
If you want a manual to help put your car back together, it's an easy choice. Go get a copy of the 1962 Nova assembly manual. Nothing else comes close to being as valuable of a reference.

They cost about $20 but it will be the best investment (book-wise) you make. Can't hardly live without it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
62 Manual Vs 63 manual

Is there more info in the 62 manual? I have a 63, I know 62 -65 is interchangeable.

Someone mentioned get the 62 and use the 63 as a supplement. Im probly gonna end up getting both, just wondering.

·
13,703 Posts
Is there more info in the 62 manual? I have a 63, I know 62 -65 is interchangeable.
Someone mentioned get the 62 and use the 63 as a supplement. Im probly gonna end up getting both, just wondering.
Yes, the big 1962 Shop Manual is the main book you need. The 1963 book is just a supplement covering off the changes for the '63 model year.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts