Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

While out visiting relatives and friends today, I thought I'd just stop in a park and snap some pics. While they wouldn't let me get on the grass, at least these are somewhat scenic. Enjoy!

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greetings,

I only get bothered during roadside safety checks (went through 2 of those this weekend) as they are always looking for seat belts and auto insurance. I do have to be careful when pulling into parking places as there is a blind spot in the right front. It just takes some getting used to, but I like it.

Jason

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very Nice 73 Hatchback, I used to have one many moons ago.....Loved it!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey Jason, what color is that blue?
Thanks, Dann

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dansker said:
hey Jason, what color is that blue?
Thanks, Dann
Greetings,

It's Ford Ultra Blue Metallic...It was a common Ford color during the 80's. The stripes are Ford Silver Frost Metallic. The car was originally painted that color in 1988...I liked it so much that when I redid it I stripped the car of all the paint and went back to that color.

Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Jason. that is a nice color. The girls have decided to go with blue and I want them to see yours. Maybe this will be their color.
Dann

·
3,875 Posts
I like the color too for a furd color.:D

It is my opinion that cars look better photographed on pavement.

A smokeshow would have been cool.:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DrDenny's 69 Rat said:
That looks great, were you able to use the stock hinges and springs?
Greetings,

I used stock hood hinges, but used the lightweight springs from Glasstek that came with my hood. I couldn't believe how well it fit. As Custom Jim can tell you as well (he's using a lot more Glasstek products than I), their products are well worth the extra money you must spend for them.

Jason

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice Car, your not kidding about the hood:eek:
Did you move the bumpers up closer?
I ask because it's on my to do list.
Along with tons of other stuff.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SlowT said:
Nice Car, your not kidding about the hood:eek:
Did you move the bumpers up closer?
I ask because it's on my to do list.
Along with tons of other stuff.:rolleyes:
Greetings,

No I didn't pull them in...In 73 they didn't have the 5 mph bumpers.

Jason

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
That is truly a nasty looking hood!:D Are those caltracs on the rear? If so, how do you like them? I love the color too, but my daughter is set on Gekko Green (like the new Beetles) with a tan interior. Oh Well......:p

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bluesman said:
That is truly a nasty looking hood!:D Are those caltracs on the rear? If so, how do you like them? I love the color too, but my daughter is set on Gekko Green (like the new Beetles) with a tan interior. Oh Well......:p

Dave
Greetings,

No they aren't Caltracs...It's a Competition Engineering ladder bar setup with their full-floating rear end setup as well. I've had it for years (worked great with the 468ci powerglide setup I had). It's total overkill now, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting a different rear end housing and modifing everything to go back to just a leaf spring setup.

Jason

1 - 20 of 20 Posts