Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna do something unique with my car, And I have half decided on manufacturing a carbon fiber Shaker Setup. , kinda a cross between the 70 Mach-1 and a trans am type, what kind do you guys think would look awesome yet be truely unique to the nova? Id like it to attach to a factory lower air cleaner assy., with a small lid, and a filter, but would ram air directly into the housing, I originally wanted to do a 70SS chevelle functional cowl hood type, but the logistics would kill me, has anyone ever kinda thought of a shaker hood setup for a Nova?

2 of my friends and I have started an aviation composite Biz, but for practice we wanna do some car stuff...

This isnt commercial advertisement, so hopefully it wont get moved or deleted

steve

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I used to have a 74 GTO

that had a A Shaker, but that would be horrible for a nova, Im thinking something new and original, Ive seen novas with Harwoods, Cowls from 2 to 6 inches, L-88's " My worst nitemare " One on you tube, guy has 2 of those small Mopar scoops, and it actually looks great, I dunno, I was looking at a 70 mach 351 Cleveland the other day, and it has a shaker, and those look bad ***, just a thought, figured id throw it out there

Steve

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
How bout a shorter version of the 81 z/28 scoop with those functional doors that opened in the back when you nail it? that would be cool and you could just bolt it on. I wanted one of those for my 78 nova back in the day.

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
remember the old ford thunderbolts with the "dome" scoop in the middle? looks a lot like a cuda shaker. a member here had a 1st gen with that style scoop on it and i thought it looked pretty cool. that wouldn't be bad on a 3rd gen. if you were doing a big pro touring deal leaving the carbon fiber would look pretty sweet...but i don't think it fits on a regular looking nova

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
remember the old ford thunderbolts with the "dome" scoop in the middle? looks a lot like a cuda shaker. a member here had a 1st gen with that style scoop on it and i thought it looked pretty cool. that wouldn't be bad on a 3rd gen. if you were doing a big pro touring deal leaving the carbon fiber would look pretty sweet...but i don't think it fits on a regular looking nova
Do you mean the teardrop hood? Those were pretty wicked looking on the old fords :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 74 GTO, gotta find my pics

If you are good with cutting, shaping and welding metal, you could modify a 1974 GTO hood to work on a 3rd gen Nova:

Thosem are cool, but Im thinking of something original, something different, yet attractive, yet functional, ill draw some ideas and post

And those ford teardrop thunderbolt scoops were badass

the Z-28 ones, I never knew they were functional, but they arent a bad looking scoop at all, food for thought...

thanx
\Steve

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I wanna do something unique with my car, And I have half decided on manufacturing a carbon fiber Shaker Setup. , kinda a cross between the 70 Mach-1 and a trans am type, ... has anyone ever kinda thought of a shaker hood setup for a Nova?
Thosem are cool, but Im thinking of something original, something different, yet attractive, yet functional, ill draw some ideas and post

And those ford teardrop thunderbolt scoops were badass

the Z-28 ones, I never knew they were functional, but they arent a bad looking scoop at all, food for thought...

thanx
\Steve
The Thunderbolt teardrop and the Z28 scoops are not "shaker" hoods. You asked about a shaker setups.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got something computer altered, not very good but to have an idea.....
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

maybe what you want or need, but i like the look, thinking on one for mine......:devil::devil::devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like

Now remember the thing is, we gotta find something close, but unique

Ill do my hood in a sec, A Plasma cutter and I can cut a nice hole LOL

I wouldent mind doing this, and setting the standard for those interested, no profit, just to do it

I really like that, would look so wild

Steve

·
Registered
90 Posts
That´s the idea in the real world, i can´t do to much just with the pictures and paint, i don´t have any picture editor in my computer. I will post pictures when i actually make mine....

Regards.....:devil::yes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts