Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,179 Posts
Yeah, I'm with you. I like the airdam, but the spoiler doesn't really appeal to me, and looks out of place on a 3rd Gen. Nova, IMO.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Is this front air dam more for looks than extra cooling performance? Anyone who has followed my previous threads know I have a couple issues with keeping my car cool in high ambient temps and was really looking for something like this.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Are you F'n with me NovaGuy?:D If that's true than I'm definitely getting one, ha.
Yes he claimed the car picked up a couple of MPH with it onthe car. Send him a PM about it. His was a Blown Hemi alky engine at over 200 MPH. The part is made of fiberglass and was well made. The original maker sold them through J&W Nova and was a member here. He sold the mold to another person who started making and selling them. He was/is a member here.

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
I'm pretty sure the website had a Contact Us section. Give them a shout and share with the class.
My bad, I actually thought somebody put this on their Nova themselves. Must be nice to pay somebody else to do it. :rolleyes: :bored:

I'm looking for first hand experience.

The dam is more than likely fiberglass with a gel coat. I am interested in what kind of prep is needed for paint, and what the attachment points are, and if any modifications are required.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
My bad, I actually thought somebody put this on their Nova themselves. Must be nice to pay somebody else to do it. :rolleyes: :bored:

I'm looking for first hand experience.

The dam is more than likely fiberglass with a gel coat. I am interested in what kind of prep is needed for paint, and what the attachment points are, and if any modifications are required.
Are talking about me? I paid for mine and installed mine own on my car. It's hand laid fiberglass that has a gel coat on the outside. It comes white in a box with mounting instructions. I painted mine after I drilled the holes and the bolted it on the car. I like the looks of it and it didn't matter to me if it went faster or ran cooler. Blue_Gem also has one on his car' thats where I first saw one of them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok Nova Guy, you have one on your car, so in the photo gallery of that website, the blue Nova with the hood scoop, does it have the 3 inch dam or the 4 inch dam? and same question for the orange Nova I posted in the first thread. Looks to me like it's the 3 inch because if you look at that sites home page, there is another Nova with a white air dam and it looks like it drops lower than the the blue and the orange Novas. And by the way I love the orange Nova, but IMO that blue Nova is just friggin' bad to bone.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I make an exact replica of the 68-74 nova air dam & the 75-79 with black gelcoat & fiberglass.. They are predrilled & fitted. I've sold a bunch of them & everybody has liked them so far.

·
Registered
710 Posts
76SS...do you have any pics of the one that you make on a 70-72 Nova? Or is that the one that BLYOTH has on his car? That is exactly what I'm looking for, but you can PM me because I don't want to keep hijacking this thread. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Ok Nova Guy, you have one on your car, so in the photo gallery of that website, the blue Nova with the hood scoop, does it have the 3 inch dam or the 4 inch dam? and same question for the orange Nova I posted in the first thread. Looks to me like it's the 3 inch because if you look at that sites home page, there is another Nova with a white air dam and it looks like it drops lower than the the blue and the orange Novas. And by the way I love the orange Nova, but IMO that blue Nova is just friggin' bad to bone.
Mine has the shorter of the two. That's the first style I saw and liked the looks of it To the right and down is also a member kenbf1. He has an awesome 68 Chevy II, my buddy BlueGem also has one on his car.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts