Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to start to clean up the floors to see if anything needs replacing.

What did you use to get the floor to bare metal? I am thinking about just using a wire wheel on my drill. Anything better you think I should use?

-Justin

·
0 Posts
If you use a wire wheel MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SAFETY CLASSES. The wires tend to fly out. Don't ask me how I know:eek:

·
Registered
906 Posts
iam getting ready to do the floor in my car also,plumrat has four inch wire wheel deal on a grinder that he says works real good.i did some wire wheeling in the garage about three months ago,it seems like if you walk out there barefooted those little wire strands find there way into your foot just about every time,even after hoseing down the complete gar. floor. like dave said use safety glasses those little wires will get in your eyes real fast,you can feel them flying off the wheel as your wearing it down.
don

·
Registered
482 Posts
I use those 3 or 4" cookies that you get from the swap meets. they work really well on a 90* die grider.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I will get some of that 3m disks. Going to put some Por-15 down after.

-Justin

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I found 3 quarts of POR15 last sunday cleaning garage, its shelf dated paint :eek:buy it then use it within 2 years . I got to learn this on the TCI clip Now I have to have the frame blasted as the paint has little pimples on it....... anyways Rep was nice gave me replacement and another buddy bought me 2 quarts he owed me (Big Mike) so I have three quarts from sometime late last year.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Justin,
I can get you lots of 3 inch sanding discs from work...let me knowif you need some!bm

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justin,
I can get you lots of 3 inch sanding discs from work...let me knowif you need some!bm
O hell yes I need some! Thanks man I really appreciate it!

-Justin

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DAM IT! This is some hard work and going to take forever :eek: Good thing I have two boys! :devil:

-Justin

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not too bad, I also got out the da but I only have 80 grit need some rougher stuff. I will let the boys use the had drill :devil:

THANKS! :yes:

-Justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts