Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the front bumper on my 62 Nova, can't seem to make the brace for the bottom of the fender (rod about six inches long) to fit, it wants to really bend the corner of the fender inboard to make the connection (I don't have any experience with these, the car was taken apart when I received). There are a couple of holes in the bumper mounting bracket, but both seem to need the fender corner to be bent quite a bit. Help appreciated...pictures are good
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
a lot of people have extended that brace an inch or two or more to fit the needs of todays tires ,and twisted a lil too in some instances

If you want to totally hide it,get you some of that size -sucker rod,do some heating and bending ,and some more heating and pounding a flat spot on each end.then drilling the hole the size and wallah.

There is no one-size fits all ,measure twice -cut once

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a lot of people have extended that brace an inch or two or more to fit the needs of todays tires ,and twisted a lil too in some instances

If you want to totally hide it,get you some of that size -sucker rod,do some heating and bending ,and some more heating and pounding a flat spot on each end.then drilling the hole the size and wallah.

There is no one-size fits all ,measure twice -cut once

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed...best to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts