Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where the best place is to pick up a dash for a 70 nova that's not a original one but something that's not costing me 1,000 bucks.
Looking for something I can put some gauges in....any pics or help would be great

·
Registered
776 Posts
check out mattsclassicbowties.com, thats where i got my classic dash kit and was a couple hundred less than any where else.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check out mattsclassicbowties.com, thats where i got my classic dash kit and was a couple hundred less than any where else.
Thank you that's just what I'm looking for

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am at this point in my build as well. I have looked at the options and while they are nice I am on a tight budget and I am going to fab up my own insert. I have considered using plastic and metal to make the insert and have decided to use metal as it is stronger and wont fatigue over time. I am considering 3/16 aluminum. I spent some time last night making up a template, I will post pictures soon.

Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am at this point in my build as well. I have looked at the options and while they are nice I am on a tight budget and I am going to fab up my own insert. I have considered using plastic and metal to make the insert and have decided to use metal as it is stronger and wont fatigue over time. I am considering 3/16 aluminum. I spent some time last night making up a template, I will post pictures soon.

Tom
Keep me posted Tom maybe i buy one from you lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
I made a piece out of plexiglas to fit the stock dash. It could easily be modified to hold more gauges. Still not fully finished but gives an idea.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
72Nova350, what do you use to cut out the plexiglass? I always get too much heat when I do it....Looks great by the way, Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
290 Posts
72Nova350, what do you use to cut out the plexiglass? I always get too much heat when I do it....Looks great by the way, Thanks, Jack
To cut the main rectangle piece, I used a straight edge and blade, going over the cut multiple times, then snapping it on the corner of a table. For the gauges I used a drill press and hole saws. Then for the housing mounting holes along the edge I used an air drill. Obviously you know it can melt fast so take you time and dont try to do it all at once. Thanks for the kind words!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts