Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, now i'm going to try to put some pictures of my 74 Nova restore, it's a lot of work but it's worthed, i'm going to put a few pictures, on weekend i'll put some more to show how's going on, just to let all of you know, i have 16 years with my car, and now i give the time to restore him back to new (hope). I'll fixed him a few times, but only minor stuff, now it's the time to bring him back to new.......
:eek::devil:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I´ll upload pictures tonight, because i´m at work right now and the firewall don´t let me access photobucket page.:mad:

Ok, pictures added, more coming on weekend to see the advance......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back seat

Here is my new (re-upholstered) back seat, noone can imagine the material, is black leather with suede......

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Bucket seat pictures on weekend when i get them.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Ok, more pictures on how's car doing in restoration, some advance in welding parts needed, getting ready for next step.....

:devil: :rolleyes: :yes:

Regards.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Next steps

Ok, have some issues after a car accident, (not the nova, because isn´t ready) crash my explorer, and dameged all front clip, and now i can continue with the restoration of my baby (NOVA), take front subframe to get powder coated, is ready and installed with poly bushings, forgot to take pictures, and now i´m working on the engine, almost ready, will put pictures later today, sent all trim to George (SNS Moredorman) to get it fixed, he did a wonderfull work, trim is awesome, differential is ready, painted black and with disk breakes, i´m going to put a shift kit to transmission too, this weekend i hope to get that done and start the engine outside the engine bay just to hear it roar just before being intalled, think is all for now.

This afternood will load pictures.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, engine pics .....

Parts covered to protect from paint....

Primer coating applied to get better paint adhession and resistance

Poliuerthane paint applied

Roller rockers installed

Weiand intake, 4 Barrel Holley carb and small cap distributor installed.

Tall Aluminium valve covers & 8" harmony balancer installed

Headers installed

will keep updating, this weekend will finish and turn it on outside engine bay, will load video....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wow that is some great looking work. When I saw the first pics I thought man that is gonna take forever but obviously you gots some skills. Keep us updated! I love seeing progress pics

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
wow, good work, it will be a nice car

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Some stuff

Engine is a 350 bored 0.030¨ over (355)
Ok, i´ve going to list or explain what is some of the stuff in the engine:

- Crower hydraulic roller camshaft with all components (roller lifters, timing gears & chain, springs, retainers, plugs, pushrods & keepers).
- Eagle Balanced Rotating Assembly, Street, Cast Crank, Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons, I-Beam Rods
- Pro Comp Distributor & Coil
- Weiand Stealth Intake Manifold
- Holley 770 4 barrel Carburator
- Holley 7.5 psi chrome fuel pump
- Pro Street 8¨ harmony balencer (Summit Racing)
- Fel-Pro gasket full set
- Polished Tall Aluminium valve covers
- Polished Aluminium oil pan
- Melling high volume oil pump & screen assembly
- Roller rockers
- Polished Stainless Steel Headers
- Stainless steel bolt kits (heads, headers, intake, fuel pump, valve covers, oil pan, water pump)
- Bosh platinum 2 ground strap spark plugs
- 9 mm spark plug wires
- Ported Vortec heads with 2.02 & 1.6 valves (Porting & valve job done in a local racing repair shop)

Think is all for engine, if i forget something will add later.

Now transmission TH350:
- TransGo performance shift kit
- Polished aluminium oil pan
- Modified Stall converter, internaly added bearings and balancers ready to 1500 to 3500 rpm´s (modification done locally in a stall repair & convertion shop)

Same thing, if something is forgoten, will add later.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Engine is a 350 bored 0.030¨ over (355)
Ok, i´ve going to list or explain what is some of the stuff in the engine:

- Crower hydraulic roller camshaft with all components (roller lifters, timing gears & chain, springs, retainers, plugs, pushrods & keepers).
- Eagle Balanced Rotating Assembly, Street, Cast Crank, Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons, I-Beam Rods
- Pro Comp Distributor & Coil
- Weiand Stealth Intake Manifold
- Holley 770 4 barrel Carburator
- Holley 7.5 psi chrome fuel pump
- Pro Street 8¨ harmony balencer (Summit Racing)
- Fel-Pro gasket full set
- Polished Tall Aluminium valve covers
- Polished Aluminium oil pan
- Melling high volume oil pump & screen assembly
- Roller rockers
- Polished Stainless Steel Headers
- Stainless steel bolt kits (heads, headers, intake, fuel pump, valve covers, oil pan, water pump)
- Bosh platinum 2 ground strap spark plugs
- 9 mm spark plug wires
- Ported Vortec heads with 2.02 & 1.6 valves (Porting & valve job done in a local racing repair shop)

Think is all for engine, if forget something will add later.

Now transmission TH350:
- TransGo performance shift kit
- Polished aluminium oil pan
- Modified Stall converter, internaly added bearings and balancers ready to 1500 to 3500 rpm´s (modification done locally in a stall repair & convertion shop)

Same thing, if something is forgot, added later.
Nice job!! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Other stuff

More stuff i already have and will put on my car:
- Tach in dash
- White faces in dash
- Floor shifter and console
- Posi rearend with 13¨ disk brakes and 3:73 gears (already assembled and ready to install)
- Bucket seats (ready to install, you can see pictures above)
- SS grille and emblems (will go with 73 SS emblems, like better than decals of 74, too big)
- Front disk brakes (that was already installed in the car, cleaned and painted, waiting to be reinstalled)
- Subframe connectors
- Energy suspension poly bushings complete kit, including motor & transmission mounts
- 3 Row aluminium radiator
- New weatherstrip kit
- All reconditioned and polished trim mouldings
- Nova with bowtie hood emblem
- Nova by Chevrolet trunk emblem
- Nova fenders emblems (this will go above the SS emblems, i love that look)
- Rear sway bar with poly bushings
- Traction bars (the ones that goes connected to the front perch of the leaf springs and from the differential, for traction force transfer)

Don´t remember anymore stuff, maybe later.....

Still didn´t decide what size or style of wheels, i´m between 17¨ or 18¨ but don´t want tires like the 45´s, maybe 50´s is the lowest i´ll go but rather 55´s or 60´s

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, now some pictures of the black powder coated subframe and radiator support already installed on the car....

and later more to come.....:):yes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Engine running

Ok, here i´ll put a link to a video of my new engine running ouside engine bay, always like to turn engines outside to get an idea on how is going to work and sound, sorry for the not too good sound, but it was taken with my cell, netx weekend will take with camera, but can tell you that it sound pretty good live (it roars awesome)...... :devil:

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv22/Juliushell/?action=view&current=25102009.flv

Work on transmission next step......:yes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
More toys for my engine

Well, today i´m going to get a new pulley kit for my engine, this is the kit i´ve get including belts.....

:devil::devil:

Hope to install it on weekend......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, no much to upgrade, but i have a draw, this is almost the way my car should look when i finish it, by the way this is also my new t-shirt design......

please let me know what you think....... suggestions accepted.

:devil::devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,993 Posts
I like those stripes. Where they ever actually on Novas or is that something you came up with?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kepping me busy

Well, i did some more work to the parts of the car i'll put next time i've got more time, so, i just prep all the calipers with por15to get them ready to be painted blue..... see some pics.

:devil:
:yes:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts