Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the car today to the second guy who came and looked at it. The first guy pretty much just wanted to see the engine, he liked the pictures I posted.

Guy will be here with cash within the hour.

Now I have a Kawasaki KZ1000 to have picked up and shipped here from Tennessee. It is a total nut and bolt resto with new clutch, aftermarket pistons, Kerker header, new mirrors, cables, front master, calipers rebuilt and new pads, new turn signals, Corbin seat, Stage 3 carb kits and sync'd. every nut and bolt gone thru. Picking it up for $5000. Was looking for a 76 and earlier, found this 1980 on the net and fell in love. Fishing boat can wait. I'll post a picture of the bike when I get it here.

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the change. You will have fun with the new toy :)
Thanks I sold my 76 KZ to fund this Nova and now getting another one. I will still be here on the board and I am still Nova. Nova was my first car and figure I will buy another one day probably a finished car as it's cheaper, but I still have to do my thing to them.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Thanks I sold my 76 KZ to fund this Nova and now getting another one. I will still be here on the board and I am still Nova. Nova was my first car and figure I will buy another one day probably a finished car as it's cheaper, but I still have to do my thing to them.
I don't weather to congragulate you or not? I loved you're car and I hope the new owner becomes a member here so we can still see it. Anyway congrats Johnny!! I don't know how you going to catch fish from a two wheeler maybe install some pontoons? RICK

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guy wanted to trade me a very nice and clean Baja boat with inboard 350, 2500 cash, and a 270 deer rifle, but I said no. I would have taken an 18'ish Allweld aluminum boat with a Yamaha, Johnson, or Evinrude outboard or a KZ900 in partial trade of $3000-5000 plus difference in cash. This guy would have given me $17,500 I could tell, but we talked and I told him to make an offer. He offered $16,000 and I told him I would have to have $16,500 and that was with both sets of wheels and tires. He gave me all $100 dollar bills. Got to run to the bank, but first I have to contact the bike owner and I will be buying it site unseen like I did this car and the bike before it. Getting excited to have a new toy. I either got to hear a small block camming or an old 4 cylinder bike with a 4 into 1 header especially with the baffle removed.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Awe don't go to the bank their crooks!! Drop the cash off over here I'll take good care of it for you Trust me. NPHNP :devil: Did you ask the new owner if he was interested in joining Steve's? RICK

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awe don't go to the bank their crooks!! Drop the cash off over here I'll take good care of it for you Trust me. NPHNP :devil: Did you ask the new owner if he was interested in joining Steve's? RICK

You should have been at the bank with me. I go thru the drive thru and I went ahead and went to the window instead of the lanes with the airtube. The lady takes her time, comes back and says "sir is that $16,500 cash?" and I said yes it was. She says anything over $2000 you have to come inside, so she keeps my money and waits for me to come inside. You have to fill out a special form she says because of terrorism. I said that's fine by me, the government is getting any of this. I actually had over $25,000 in on the car. Lost money on all my cars and bikes, but I had a whole lot of fun doing it. :D

Mentioned to the new owner about Steve's, but he didn't say if he was going to join or not. Said he was going to take the car to some show and stuff. I told him the car would run an 11.50 in the fall with some good air. Cut the front springs to get some more front end travel and a little tuning(maybe some Caltracs) that car should easily go some 11.20-11.30s

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:pics::pics::worthless::yes: :devil: :D
I told the guy to call me when he can and we could work a deal on his bike. Found another been sitting in storage for a lot of years that only had like 6000 miles on it. It needs carbs cleaned, battery, fluids, wheels respoked, etc.. I might accidentally get it, but I think I will buy the other one today as soon as I hear back from the owner. This is some of the stuff done to the new bike and as soon as I get it I will get some pictures up for my brothers.:

APE HD clutch with with roller clutch push rod kit, MTC dished pistons to raise the compression, K&N pod fileters more air in, Dynajet Stage III kit on the carbs more fuel, Kerker exhaust for more air out. Carbs cleaned and synced. Runs perfect, cranks in any weather conditions, needs very little warm up time to be ready to go. Charging system is completely functional, original wiring harness, I did bypass the ballast resistor, on this model there was a ballast resistor cutting down the coils. I put Accel coils, wires and plugs on it and this is a step you do to get full use of the coils. I ride this bike everywhere with no worries.

1980 KZ 1000 LTD, Bike was torn completely down to frame, cleaned, painted and every part replaced or repaired. I spent over 6K in parts and paint for this rebuild. Have all receipts. All work was done by me except for the paint. I had that done by WFO customs. I touched every nut, bolt and washer on this bike. All new gaskets and seals on the motor, carbs rebuilt, re-jetted with a Stage III Dynojet Kit and synced, progressive springs on the front, progressive shocks on the rear, Corbin gunfighter seat, CRG Hindsight Mirrors, new cables, calipers rebuilt, new pads, new front master cylinder, new wheel bearings and seals, new tires, new handlebars, new grips, all new rubber pieces for frame and pegs, new petcock, in line filters, K&N pod filters and crankcase filter, new sealed battery, new Accel coils, wires, and plugs, new fuel cap, grab handles, turn signals, new sprockets, new chain, horn, fork seals, tapered bearing upgrade on triple tree, new MTC dished pistons, new clutch, etc. too much to list, again I have all the paperwork.

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should have seen me yesterday. Garage door spring broke so I got the car out with the door propped up. Stood on a bucket(really safe) and tipped the bucket over. I came down holding onto the cable that I was running back thru the rollers on the garage door. Caught myself against the wall with the other hand while I was falling down. Happened to be one nail sticking out and my wedding ring gets caught on the nail. I am barely touching the floor holding the cable which softend my fall, but thought the cable might cut me. Cable didn't cut me, but the nail bent wedding ring all up and I was hanging off the wall with my one hand up in the air barely able to stretch out until the nail bent and let my finger go. My ring cut the crap out of my finger. Went and got my wire cutters and cut my wedding band off with them I did. Wife wanted me to go get stitches and I don't do the doctors at all period. Didn't hurt and as long as get it stopped bleeding I don't care what it is I won't go to the doctor. Hurt my should more than anything, but my hands don't hurt when I cut them. Anyways I feel fine today and the shoulder is good. Finger is on my clutch hand(left) and I will need that hand when the bike gets here. I imagine I will have the bike here in two weeks or so which good time for the finger to heel. Can always do like my dad said back in the day they used to put some cobwebs in the cut and put some kerosene on it and that is a true story. I just wrapped this one up to keep pressure on it to stop the bleeding. I had to laugh thinking about what it looked like when I was crucified to the wall and literally stretched out where I couldn't move. Good thing the nail bent and let me go. :yes::yes::D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
but the nail bent wedding ring all up and I was hanging off the wall with my one hand up in the air barely able to stretch out until the nail bent and let my finger go. My ring cut the crap out of my finger.
Put this one in the "why I don't wear rings" folder....
Learned my lesson long time ago when I caught my class ring on a tarp strap hook when jumping off the side of a grain truck. Only thing that kept me from losing my finger was that the hook came unhooked from the truck and the tarp strap stretched...:eek:
So my wife knows what I think about rings. She would prefer me to wear one - but she knows I'm not gonna stray - and she knows that almost everything I do (work, work on cars and race cars, and work on house projects) is a danger with a ring. My fingers swell up pretty bad from work anyway - so most of the time I can't get one on...

And I hope your bike works out for Ya! I am SO happy I traded away my Nova and got my ZR-1. Wife and I was out riding around in it last night commenting how nice it was to have A/C.... :yes:

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Put this one in the "why I don't wear rings" folder....
Learned my lesson long time ago when I caught my class ring on a tarp strap hook when jumping off the side of a grain truck. Only thing that kept me from losing my finger was that the hook came unhooked from the truck and the tarp strap stretched...:eek:
So my wife knows what I think about rings. She would prefer me to wear one - but she knows I'm not gonna stray - and she knows that almost everything I do (work, work on cars and race cars, and work on house projects) is a danger with a ring. My fingers swell up pretty bad from work anyway - so most of the time I can't get one on...

And I hope your bike works out for Ya! I am SO happy I traded away my Nova and got my ZR-1. Wife and I was out riding around in it last night commenting how nice it was to have A/C.... :yes:
Took off my other ring on my right hand also.

Just got off the phone with the bike owner. He is kind of iffy like I was on selling the car. He will email me this evening and we shall see, if not I know the right one when I see it.

Yeah I remember your trade for the vette. You are cruising nice in that vette.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sold the car today to the second guy who came and looked at it. The first guy pretty much just wanted to see the engine, he liked the pictures I posted.

Guy will be here with cash within the hour.

Now I have a Kawasaki KZ1000 to have picked up and shipped here from Tennessee. It is a total nut and bolt resto with new clutch, aftermarket pistons, Kerker header, new mirrors, cables, front master, calipers rebuilt and new pads, new turn signals, Corbin seat, Stage 3 carb kits and sync'd. every nut and bolt gone thru. Picking it up for $5000. Was looking for a 76 and earlier, found this 1980 on the net and fell in love. Fishing boat can wait. I'll post a picture of the bike when I get it here.

Dude that bike sounds badass. My brother just left to Israel for a year and just before leaving laid down his bike. It wasn't bad at all but his bike is damaged a bit and he's hoping he can get some cash from the crash to fix it. Its a Honda shadow 600 and he either wants to sell it once he gets back and build a bobber or fix this one into a bobber. I can't wait to help him.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Throughout my childhood my dad had a 77 kz900, green with the yellow stripes around the tank and rear fender if I remember correctly! He had the motor all done up with the Kirker pipe, I could hear him coming home for a good 4-5 min away!!! Always loved that bike and the sound of it!:yes:

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Throughout my childhood my da had a 77 kz900, green with the yellow stripes around the tank and rear fender if I remember correctly! He had the motor all done up with the Kirker pipe, I could hear him coming home for a good 4-5 min away!!! Always loved that bike and the sound of it!:yes:
I had a 76 Green KZ900 many years back. I have had something like 25 cars and 25 bikes. Can't make up my mind and only give myself so many toys. Mine has the blacked out Kerker and I will have to pull the baffle out a few times. :D

I either have to have a sbc camming(old school here) or a 4 cylinder bike with the 4 into 1 on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts