Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this for sale- I haven't seen it in person, but its located in my area. Looks good and the price is alright. With a different set of rims it would be a great looking car.

·
Registered
655 Posts
is that grill stock? cool ride, but yeah those rims aren't helping it. wonder what '63 acadian belt line trim looks like, that might help break up the white, too.

-Rusty

·
13,813 Posts
This is a 1963 Acadian Beaumont Sport Coupe, equivalent to Nova 400 Sport Coupe. The front seats are not Acadian and buckets wouldn't have come in this car, anyway. Missing all the Acadian side trim. Almost impossible to find a complete set these days, but some folks want a project that will keep them busy. Not sure what 'factory reverse delete' means. Maybe reverse lights? Perhaps they're confused by the cover plates in the rear bumper. There was no reverse light delete. These cars never had them unless you ordered the comfort and convenience package. 1963 Acadians also had the 194 CID six not the 230. The owner might have trouble seeing the asking price on this one.

Bob

·
13,813 Posts
is that grill stock? wonder what '63 acadian belt line trim looks like, that might help break up the white, too.
-Rusty
Yes, the grill is correct for a 1963 Acadian. These grills were pot metal as opposed to the aluminum grills in equivalent
Chevy IIs.

The picture below is of a convertible, but the same side trim would have been on this white '63 sport coupe.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
very nice! i like the trim. intriguing that there is no cove trim.

started season 3 of Rust Valley Restorers, and the one shop is doing an Acadian to try and snag the Ridler Award. The guy has over $1 mill into it already! yikes! but the back looks awesome with the Acadian rather than the typical Chevy II.

-Rusty

·
13,813 Posts
Nice Acadian Micky123*. The Acadian was a good looking car and just a touch above the Chevy II in trim and upholstery (and price). Both the grill and tail light bezels were
pot metal as opposed to the Chevy II aluminum. You could shine up those chrome plated bezels until you could see yourself in them.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts