Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Very nice car, but for the money I'd expect a correct blacked out SS grill. A number of things on the car now that aren't on the window sticker.....sport steering wheel, sport wheels, wide oval tires, etc. There's a P-metric spare in the trunk. I'm undecided on whether that window sticker is real or repro. Maybe one of our sticker gurus can tell for sure. You sure don't see door edge guards as a stand alone option very often. Usually show up as part of a protection package that included bumper guards, etc.

Bob

Super Moderator
It's usually about 20% chance that both grille and headlight bezels seem to be right on those cars, even high dollar ones. Have to see the documentation and bring it to some SNS gurus who know their big block cars well. If it's a factory car with some original purchase history, I wonder how far off the price is, even with the factory add ons that aren't on the window sticker.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but on the subject of Novas that are currently out of my range (after college tuition costs for 2 kids this year), add the following Nova:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/d/sherman-1964-chevrolet-chevy-nova-v8/6951507434.html

Anyone know this car? Claims to be a 283/220 and looks to have had a lot of restoration work done. Great year, and the top power plant; if it were a factory 4-speed, I think you could add 5-10 grand.

That's a gorgeous wagon, Frank. Can't help but think the seller maybe a little confused over the terms 'original' and 'correct'. The engine may be correct, but is it original? And it's incredible if that's the 55 year old original paint. Reality could be it's re-painted in the factory 'original' color. Still one of the best looking '64 wagons I've seen.

Bob

Premium Member
A number of things on the car now that aren't on the window sticker.....sport steering wheel, sport wheels...
1970 SS cars equipped with RPO N66 Sport Wheels came with polished stainless steel trim rings.

I'm undecided on whether that window sticker is real or repro. Maybe one of our sticker gurus can tell for sure.
I'm not sure that I'm qualified as a "sticker guru", but I went over this one pretty carefully. It appears to be a 'Xerox' copy of an original. I couldn't find anything wrong with the text; it's just not color-correct.

You sure don't see door edge guards as a stand alone option very often. Usually show up as part of a protection package that included bumper guards, etc.
I think that this is another GM oddity. I don't recall seeing door edge guards as part of any package. The window sticker does reference the correct code: RPO B93.

Premium Member
Grille was first thing to catch my eye too.
I guess we are a dying breed.
Probably less than a fraction of a percent of the world鈥檚 population knows what some of our most knowledgeable members know.

Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
Discussion Starter #9
One of the reasons I like reading posts in this section. Seems like most of them are a teaching moment. Things I either don't know or overlooked. Mostly the former though.

I think that this is another GM oddity. I don't recall seeing door edge guards as part of any package. The window sticker does reference the correct code: RPO B93.
I just happened to come across this while looking for some other 1970 stuff awhile back. RPO ZP5 - Appearance Guard Group. Included door edge guards, front & rear floor mats, front & rear bumper guards and visor vanity mirror. All these items were available as individual options, too, so I think this package was pretty rare. Probably most buyers preferred to pick and choose rather than order the package.

The window sticker lists the paint as 17-17 top and bottom. The cowl tag shows paint as 17- B, the 'B' being the black vinyl top. Did the window stickers show the paint as both top and bottom even on cars with a vinyl top?

Bob

Premium Member
I just happened to come across this while looking for some other 1970 stuff awhile back. RPO ZP5 - Appearance Guard Group. Included door edge guards, front & rear floor mats, front & rear bumper guards and visor vanity mirror. All these items were available as individual options, too, so I think this package was pretty rare. Probably most buyers preferred to pick and choose rather than order the package.
That HAS to be a rare option. I've never heard of it before... and, Scott doesn't have it on the NovaResource RPO list.

The window sticker lists the paint as 17-17 top and bottom. The cowl tag shows paint as 17- B, the 'B' being the black vinyl top. Did the window stickers show the paint as both top and bottom even on cars with a vinyl top?
Your guess is correct. Vinyl top cars have #-# paint codes. My '70 was Code 58 Autumn Gold with a black vinyl top. I've attached a copy of the window sticker.

Attachments

Registered
1970 ss

My sons 1970 SS has the door edge guards, visor vanity mirror and front and rear bumper guards I think the mats are still in the trunk. odd ball car zero exterior trim options!! I do like the Shadow Gray on the car listed and the exterior d茅cor package. why is it so tough to grill paint right!!

Registered
It has always been my luck to buy high and sell low.

Like my 96 Impala SS (2x), 72 K5, 68 Camaro, 55 Belair. All of those were sold in 2013.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts