Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nightshade...?
Bueler...?

Just reading through a past thread on NOS vs GM repops and its got me 2nd guessing buying an ADVERTISED NOS Right quarter panel.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109858

Does it still hold true that an ACTUAL NOS quarter is stamped on the trunk lip for the nova? Ive got a guy who swears up and down his is legit.
Has sticker # 8756530 but NO stamp near the trunk lip, just stenciled in 8756530 in this area. It sounds like this is just GM repop, no?

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

steve

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I cannot answer that question for you, wether is should be stamped or not.. I think it would be stamped with a part number, but cannot be sure.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot answer that question for you, wether is should be stamped or not.. I think it would be stamped with a part number, but cannot be sure.
DAH!!!
really?! so this still could be NOS huh?
thanks nightshade.

anyone else...?
id like to know quickly so i can decide if im going to get this part.

thanks again

steve

·
Registered
156 Posts
Heres my experience:

On my 71

Left side used a Goodmark full quarter, lower rear body line not real defined, inside bottom of door opening not even close, had to cut a patch from sheetmetal and graft it in. Everything else OK

Right side used a NOS, no drama, near perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres my experience:

On my 71

Left side used a Goodmark full quarter, lower rear body line not real defined, inside bottom of door opening not even close, had to cut a patch from sheetmetal and graft it in. Everything else OK

Right side used a NOS, no drama, near perfect fit.
well i would have to agree.
NOS parts in theory should be as good as factory.
im just trying to figure out if this part is NOS or a GM repop.
if NOS i will likely buy it- just need one of our #'s guys/ experts to chime in! :D
thanks for the post.

steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a NOS left quarter for a first gen. and it does have the part number stamped on the trunk seal lip as well as the GM part sticker.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have left and right 2nd gen. Both have the numbers stamped in the trunk lip area and the stickers.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well guys,
based on what youve told me, it sounds like this is just a GM repop and not a true NOS quarter. i have backed out of the deal for now.
if he finds a stamped number by the trunk lip, i would buy it though. :yes:

thanks to all.

steve

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The lower body line on the 3rd gens isn't as crisp on repops, if that helps. I've only seen a couple NOS 1/4's and never paid attention to the number stampings, I will find out, but it may be a day or so.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lower body line on the 3rd gens isn't as crisp on repops, if that helps. I've only seen a couple NOS 1/4's and never paid attention to the number stampings, I will find out, but it may be a day or so.
thanks!
i appreciate your time and look forward to your response.

steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts