Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone in the Chicagoland area that might be interested. There is a Double K productions car show in Northlake, IL on Wolf Rd. about four blocks north of North Ave. on Sunday June 28th. Registration is from 9:00AM to 12:00PM and the show costs $20 registration fee as they are handing out plaques and whatnot. Bill Wildt is supposed to be there and he can make you famous (on public access). I plan on getting up there early as usual, but at least it's part of Northlake Days and I can get some form of food on a stick. Maybe grab me an Elephant Ear. Yummy!

Here's the link for the flyer...
http://www.doublekproductions.com/062809.pdf

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
That's the town in which I spent the first 25 years of my life. Need to meet me one of those feather girls. :yes:

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
I plan on getting there 11-11:30 if anybody is interested.

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
I thought about going after a guy threw that flyer in my car at Rolling Meadows but I have too much to do and need at least one day this weekend to get it all done. I have about ten guys who have been screaming for their Nova Supercar clusters and need to get them all finished so I can ship next week.

I got a bunch of other flyers too and one was for a show at O'Hare. Where do they have it there? I like going to the shows that have easy access to food and beverages and I can't imagine they would have much there unless you go inside the airport? Any of you guys ever been to one at O'Hare?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just Got Back and Have Pics

First off, a gorgeous day here in Chicagoland for a car show. Second, was awesome to see so many Nova's represented there and finally meet Tom (Mr.TimStik). Awesome guy and we shared some burritos by some clowns. Kind of creepy, but the burrito was great. Recap...Tom won his first award ever, I finally pulled one in today, and of the 7 Nova's there, 6 won awards. The trick is there is safety in numbers and fellow Nova people will always vote for one another. Without further delay here's the pics...

Mr.TimStik with his first ever award at a car show

One of just the car without the goofy guy in front.

The car that won for Best Engine (blown 3rd Gen) and he's from my town. Great guy and great car.

The other Nova show winners. This was a nicely done 2nd Gen. A '66 I think judging by the plate.

This was one fast little puppy. Big block stuffed in a 1st Gen. Sick. Plaque winner.

This was the only Nova not to get a plaque, but still a pretty nice car. I would prefer the yellow a bit darker for my taste.

This car won best paint. Tom and I both voted for his paint. The pics could never do this car justice, it was perfect.

This is my Car Show Buddies ride. He's a Vette guy that owns a model from every year from 1962 - 1970. Great guy and he's got some great original cars. He brought out his 1963 Split Window Stingray because I was telling him how much I loved that car growing up.

This guys car was just sick and I loved it. He was a great guy to talk to and one of Mr.TimStiks neighbors back when he was a young pup. This is a 1956 Bel Air blown big block. Crazy car with crazy power.

I'm sure Tom will jump on here when he gets home and will share his pics as well. A great Sunday, came home with some wood, the White Sox beat the Cubs...again, and no issues with the car. Life is good for now.:D

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Thump and I did pretty good.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Met Ben Hollis of the TV show "Wild Chicago" fame.

[/IMG]

My hero Bill Wildt of TV show "Motorsports Unlimited" fame.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geez, a minute apart on the posts. Great minds do think alike. I forgot to get a picture of your friends tan Nova. If you got one throw it up, he got some wood too!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Local boy Scott with his 3rd gen.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
64PRO...I agree, Tom's car is fantastic. I guarantee if he went to more of these type of shows he would have a wall full of plaques/trophies. A really clean car with a killer drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Thanks Thump, I think a drive train similar to yours would look even better in my car.

Had alot of fun and really enjoyed meeting new peeps and seeing peeps from my old neighborhood. Blast from the past for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts