Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I know most of the IE (Inland Empire) members don't really make distinctions with regard to borders, car types, etc. If you would like to hang out with us, I'm sure we would more than welcome you. There are even several people from out-of-state who participate in our SoCal get-togethers/events, as well as a few NorCal guys. It kind of follows our "No-Car-Club Car-Club" philosophy. Whereabouts are you located?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
I know most of the IE (Inland Empire) members don't really make distinctions with regard to borders, car types, etc. If you would like to hang out with us, I'm sure we would more than welcome you. There are even several people from out-of-state who participate in our SoCal get-togethers/events, as well as a few NorCal guys. It kind of follows our "No-Car-Club Car-Club" philosophy. Whereabouts are you located?
come on Vince, it says right in his location space :he's in his garage.:devil::D

but really Vince is right we welcome everyone.:yes:

·
0 Posts
Since you have one of the better looking longroofs (ie 1st gen:poke::poke:) I hope you are more north.... If not , you might want to start looking for a 2nd gen:D

But seriously..... Paso down is So-Cal would be my guess.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
X2 on that!. Just attend! I am trying to get down to the SoCal Q this year! :yes:

-Justin

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Welcome to the site.

It does not matter So or Nor Cal. Just get together with fellow Nova owners and have FUN.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Was this wagon purchased in SLO from an owner by the name of Geert de Lange?

Update: Nevermind, your "before" pictures from the album on your sig looked similar to a wagon I almost bought from San Lius Obispo. I was mistaken... it's not the same wagon.

Anyways... welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Welcome to the site
Its like everyone else said. There is no dividing line.
The north and the south people post up different stuff they are doing. So really its up to you if you are north or south. If the north has something going on that is within your driving range then you go north. Its the same for us down here in the south. If our get together is within driving range then come on down.
I can't speak for the north but us down here in the south don't care what your car looks like, or even if you don't show up in it. As long as you come out to our get togethers and have fun with us.
Look at me I bring my Firebird to all of our get togethers :D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Nor/So Cal

Kinda new to SNS... And I am a little curious as to where you guy's draw the line as to who is who?:confused:
One suggestion for our group(Nor Cal), was West Coast Novas:yes:

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
How's about "No coast novas",LOL
I left the coast in '82 (Carlsbad) but it's only 3-5 hours away, to Santa Cruz or Arcatia.

We don't have a line drawn as to group names,Paso south seems to be the norm.You're welcome to all SNS & all events,BBQs, etc..

Nice wagon BTW !

Aloha,Ric

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
How's about "No coast novas",LOL
I left the coast in '82 (Carlsbad) but it's only 3-5 hours away, to Santa Cruz or Arcatia.

We don't have a line drawn as to group names,Paso south seems to be the norm.You're welcome to all SNS & all events,BBQs, etc..

Nice wagon BTW !

Aloha,Ric
Ok, any Nova West of the Mississippi:confused:

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Ok, any Nova West of the Mississippi:confused:
That's the Midwest, knucklehead j/k LMAO.

I was born in Ill. right by the river..........inna van, uh nevermind.....:rotfl:

·
Registered
110 Posts
up to you

i live in norwalk which is border of orange county and la county i got the beach the desert everyhting i love so iam a so cal native... but like everyone says it all depends on wat ur closest too... to however decide where ur from :D but in the end it dont matter where all here cus we love our novas and like meeting people with other novas

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
North Fork is the geographical center of the state, and it's kinda between Santa Cruz and Sunnyvale on a north/south plane, so if you're below there you're with us here in the south. If you're above, well, you're with them.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
North Fork is dead center but in the central valley and not close to Santa Cruz or Sunnyvale. It's east of Madera. I live in Sunnyvale it would take me almost 3-4 hours to get to North Fork.

It used to be if you're south and east of Salinas you're in the central valley. Bakersfield south is SoCal and north of Gilroy is NorCal. From Stockton to Bakersfield you're considered central valley. From Sacremento up you're WAAAYY NorCal...lol funny how that stuff works.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts