Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

I have been seriously thinking of selling off my 64 and getting out of cars and drag racing all together. Right now I have just too many things going on in my life and I don't see myself getting that car running anytime in the near future. I am really coming to grips with the fact I'm losing my desire to go racing. I wasted my time going to the track on saturday night. I'm really not looking foreward to going to the WCHRA race coming up. It's not fun anymore for me. I can't afford to get the car back to its former glory. If I kept it and got it finished I'd only be shooting for the 10's because I don't want to have the car updated for 8.50's or get my license for 9's and faster. Hell even if I made the car a driver it still cost me alot of $$$. Right now my heart is not in it. I've let that car sit for 10 years now. If I sell it I honestly don't know what I could get for it, it needs some work. I ain't gonna lie I would REALLY love to get a 63 convertible, maybe trade for that but I don't know if that is even feasable. I just don't know anymore.
I would like to hear your thoughts if you guys have gone through this before or what you think....and be nice.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
take a break, out of the garage and away from the track. if you miss it in a little while you can get re-energized on your project and pick up where you left off. if you don't miss it you can sell (or trade) the car and start something new.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly I feel like I need to break away from it all, but I see your point and I did that a long while ago and did get reengergized but its all going away.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Mikey! You could never replace that car and if you sold it I feel you would never regret it! You are just a little burnt out and need to take a break from it all. I know you have alot on your plate at this time and maybe you should just not worry about the car for awhile, hell it has been sitting 10 years you said what is a few more. You will get the itch back but I kinda thought racing your buddys car would have done that. Hang in there bro and dont let it get ya down. Who is Mikey without his 64? J/K!!:devil:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea Im gonna take a break from it all. the car is sitting in my buddy's shop and we're gonna put it on the back burner for the time being. If the right deal comes along I'll cross that bridge then.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Mike the car is PAID for. You have a DRY place to keep it. Plus it sounds like the car IS NOT in your garage being a reminder.

I say Just take a break and sit on the car. You don't have to send money on it and you are not making car payments.

Bryan

·
Registered
978 Posts
Been there done that except with a different hobby. I race Mtb bikes I belong on a sponsered team. I stopped racing for about 2 years because I got married and now have a daughter it's been nice and for some reason I tried a mtb crit awhile back ago but I just don't have that desire to compete seriously so I quit after 3 laps. For some reason or another the bigger races that I did for years I just don't like doing. So now Im just riding for fun and doing some smaller underground races that are not sanctioned more grassroots stuff that are fun and were nobody are so damn serious about how they did. I guess is what I'm trying to say is I will never give up my hobby of riding and not turn it into a job. Because riding is my # 1 hobby and always has been and believe it or not my car hobby is just that a car hobby that keeps me busy when I'm not out riding. You should just finish your car and just enjoy it without the racing.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Mikey if I were you I would build a street driveable car so you can enjoy it all the time. Then when you want to go tho the track it is not such a pain to load it up on the trailer, just drive it there!

I can understand wanting to take a break and not wanting to go to the track, I was close to being there a few times.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Mike the car is PAID for. You have a DRY place to keep it. Plus it sounds like the car IS NOT in your garage being a reminder.

Bryan
yeah what Bryan said...... leave it where it is, & dont think about. step away get ur priorities straight & im pretty sure thru the time away u'll miss it. and then what do ya know there's a car waiting for ya to feed the fire & desire again...... i just read the thread about ur buddy's Nova, looks like u had fun that day a couple of months ago...... :confused::confused::confused:

LIL JOHN

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
funny you should mention about my buddy's nova and I did have some fun but not as much as thought. Yea it was cool to take it down the track but what it took to get it there and the cost of running it just isn't fun anymore. I can't give up on that car, Im only doing the work to it cuz my buddy doesn't have the time. Kinda the same story with me and my buddy who has my car in arizona. He's plenty motivated to finish it and get it running with his parts and go racing.

But yea I'm gonna take some time away from it all. Thanks guys.

Still wouldn't mind a convertible though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts